The Revolution Has Begun!

Jay Kae

Guest Private-Cowboy

I honestly appreciate that but you also have to understand that this simply does not look too good when a store takes your money and the product cannot be installed. That's one reason why I'm not a fan of activation protection like this. Again, the legitimate buyer is screwed while the ones getting it from somewhere 'else' prolly will have zero issues. And how can one man overcome that alone?

Besides that, if that would not be sorted out it would simply be a case of credit card fraud, would it. I'm getting some sleep now. Gnight.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished the mission.. really great job! It looks really fantastic - and normally, i'm a big fan of photo sceneries ;)

Thanks for your work!

@those who have to wait

I know it's a bad feeling, but it's worth waiting and you will get much for less money.

I honestly appreciate that but you also have to understand that this simply does not look too good when a store takes your money and the product cannot be installed. That's one reason why I'm not a fan of activation protection like this. Again, the legitimate buyer is screwed while the ones getting it from somewhere 'else' prolly will have zero issues. And how can one man overcome that alone?

Besides that, if that would not be sorted out it would simply be a case of credit card fraud, would it. I'm getting some sleep now. Gnight.

Although I understand the frustration, to me one looks good or doesn't look good not through having problems (there's always a million things that can go wrong), but how the problems are handled.  

Top marks to the guys who are dealing with the issues that a few people (including me) are experiencing.

As for activation, everyone hates it - but it simply is no other alternative given the speed of which things can be downloaded these days.

Cheers,

Matt.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Ah crap. Just gave it one more go with the exact same data and now its unwrapping, so its a server side issue. My wife is going to hate me...  ;D

Would just like to report a successful download, successful installation, and great joy at using the product.  Like many others, I had some troubles getting through the online order process, getting a download, and getting validation.  Even though it was many hours before normal commencement of the workday here (4-5 am in Australia), I got instant assistance.  All my problems were caused by the huge amount of internet traffic, which resulted in orders not completing, emails not arriving, downloads failing. None of them were problems with the product or the ordering system itself.  Help was always instant, firsthand, and solved the problem.  Can't thank and congratulate everyone involved enough..outstanding service and outstanding product from my point of view. My sympathy to others who also had glitches, but I'm sure they'll be fixed soon.  I guess every revolution comes with a bit of a head of steam and a few dramas.  It's sure worth the wait though!!  Thanks guys!!

Any idea how many downloads or buy's you guys have had... might be a bit personnel but would be interesting to see

Also, is anyone else getting a 403 message? I think the site might be overwhelmed with downloads... lol..

Plain and simply, but I think the site was just overwhelmed with the amount of people that have just come online. America just hit 6:30 Pm on the east coast; a lot of people arrive home from work at that time. I think the store could not handle the work load and the server shutdown... just my gestimate though, nothing official.

Official take on this: We estimated a lot of sales but we are BURRIED under everything, I am NOT making excuses at all however estimations are always great but this... beyond anything we could have hoped for

Hey Guys

It has taken me a little while to post here this morning because I have been too busy flying around in this whole new world.  Its fantastic.  I had the same problems downloading this morning, then with the validation (you need to add some extra letters/numbers not listed on the Stores data).  Still haven't received my email with the reg number but all the answers to my problems were found immediately on this forum.  Great work guys.  Gold Medal for the team.

Wayne Laycock

Ah crap, IT DOES NOT WORK. I get an error #20 saying 'incorrect order details entered' - what am I supposed to do now? Live support is offline too. Help!!!

Besides, I my account at the shop the status has changes to 'pending' and the download links are gone. WTF is happening here???

Try here Cowboy: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1192.0

well I have been trying for 3 hours now to get my download finished, it keeps giving me a message "download reset by peer" every time I try and resume my download!!! I am so frustrated right now but I realise this coul be a problem on my end except I can download everything else just fine as well as surf the net at lightning speed as usual, I also couldnt get onto ORBX/VOZ or flightsim store to see if anyone else had problems like me until now (3 hours later)

Guest Private-Cowboy

O got served  ;D

It was a server side issue for me. I tried the exact same data again and it worked. And how it worked. Man, I need to clean my keyboard now  ;D

Finally just got my license code from Flightsim! I started the download a 1.20AM (Perth time) last night which took just a little over 2 hours to get the base install. And I have been waiting all night and this morning for the code from Flightsim. I feel like a little kid, just can’t wait to load it up and start flying!  But first things first I will now need to start planning my early escape from the office today.

God I hope this lives up to the hype!  ;D

Just as an update for everyone with the "registration key incorrect" problem:

The problem in my case seemed to be the order number. On the store website it's only a four-digit number, while in the email (which had not yet arrived when I asked the question last night) the number starts with FSS000... before the number.

I tried this and the installation went without problems!

So, I'm off flying now  ;D

Alex

Archived