The Revolution Has Begun!

Jay Kae

We are proud to announce the release of FTX - Full Terrain Experience for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Following three years of continual R&D with VOZ and twelve months in the making by a team of 30 developers and testers, FTX heralds a new era in flight simulator visual fidelity. For the first time ever, flying at near-ground level provides as much crisp detail as you see from 40,000FT. FTX is completely hand-crafted in painstaking detail, with stunning new ground textures, accurate landclass, coastlines, rivers, full road systems with bi-directional traffic and metro freeways, and a superbly immersive unique 3D lighting system for night flying. FTX is being released in region packs, with today's launch region, AU BLUE, covering the southern half of Australia, an area larger than Western Europe.

Thank you for your patience and your support and thank you team for the professionalism and enthusiasm.

To buy please visit the FlightSimStore product page by clicking here

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tennyson57

I started my download at 2.19am.

I am so excited! I met JK and the gang at the Gold Coast last year and have been drooling over the work you guys have done since the early years with ORBX.

Fantastic! It really was a stunning display at the coast.

I have a pretty souped up machine ( Xaser case and 800watt power supply, Quad core, 4gb Fast RAM, 8800 with 640gb, 750Gb sequential drive, G15, Saitek Pro Yoke, Matrox triple head2go Digital with 3 x 19" Lcd's) but will be building a special machine just for Flight sim later in the year ( New Xaser 6 case, 1000watt power supply, triple SLI 8800's, quad core, 8gb 1333 RAM, 1tb drive and the above extras) so you can see that I am pretty serious about this business.

Will put a few posts in as I get my feet on the ground with FTX and I will try and post some pics of my rig as well.

Thanx again Guys, Koorbs, you are a dead set legend!!!

We are proud to announce the release of FTX - Full Terrain Experience for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Following three years of continual R&D with VOZ and twelve months in the making by a team of 30 developers and testers, FTX heralds a new era in flight simulator visual fidelity. For the first time ever, flying at near-ground level provides as much crisp detail as you see from 40,000FT. FTX is completely hand-crafted in painstaking detail, with stunning new ground textures, accurate landclass, coastlines, rivers, full road systems with bi-directional traffic and metro freeways, and a superbly immersive unique 3D lighting system for night flying. FTX is being released in region packs, with today's launch region, AU BLUE, covering the southern half of Australia, an area larger than Western Europe.

Thank you for your patience and your support and thank you team for the professionalism and enthusiasm.

To buy please visit the FlightSimStore product page by clicking here

Yep yep but the store gives just invalid session after order confirmation so it don't work...

Can buy all stuff online but this one is strange why not flight1 this just strange any help appreciated...

André

Guest tennyson57

Might be a problem at your end, Andre.

It worked just fine for me, in fact I have already downloaded nearly 300Mb as we speak,

Frank

Might be a problem at your end, Andre.

It worked just fine for me, in fact I have already downloaded nearly 300Mb as we speak,

Frank

What sort of D/L rate have you got Frank?

Guest tennyson57

Just on 200kb, mate.

It's telling me about another 40 minutes and I'll be in the air over Brisbane.....hahaha

Andre, log back in and go to your account... The D/L link should be there if you have hit the Confirm button.

Cheers

Nope the order history is empty tried again but it gives just invalid session :( never have a problem with online purchases

Maybe currency issue I picked euros... hence I'm from europe netherlands so maybe lies there the problem...

Hmm, I can't download. When I click on the download link it says: 503 Service unavailable.

Another thing is that the order seems to have been processed twice although I was patient and only clicked the confirmation button once. But on the other side I got only ONE confirmation mail for an online payment of eway.com

Not a good start....

Mmmmmmm, I also had a session time out on me after I confirmed, but logged back in and the D/L link was there, I can't say... I'm sure Adrian from the flightsimstore is on the board at the moment so hopefully he will see this thread.

@tennyson57, about the same mate.

@Adrian - flightsimstore...  Are we supposed to receive a password/passcode/key for this d/l to be used in the installation?

Keep in mind that there are probably a lot of people trying to purchase at the same time. Most of us simmers know how these things work just after release ;)

I can't download myself yet, but I'm sure Adrian and Jay are doing their very best to keep everyone happy :)

@Adrian - flightsimstore...  Are we supposed to receive a password/passcode/key for this d/l to be used in the installation?

Password/key can be found in your shop-profile under order history. It is also included in the conformation e-mail that you'll receive after purchase.

Downloading as we speak.

In Germany it is now just past 18h. D/l rate is over 200kb/s.

Unfortunately, when I'm done downloading, I have to go back to work for a few hours  :P

Anyway, I can fly over OZ tomorrow :)

I'm just wondering:

Didn't somebody mention a kind of serial number?

Will it come after the download is complete?

Thanks to the FTX team for "the revolution", I'm happy to join!

Well it would be great if somebody from flightsimstore would see this thread. As I have mentioned above, I have to processed orders in my account, although I only clicked once (But maybe there was a hickup with the servers, as they were quite slow and the order needed some time to proceed)

How can I check if this is only an issue at flightsimstore? (I only got one confirmation mail)

I'd be grateful if someone from flightsimstore could answer my question. Or should I directly contact the flightsimstore support?

Andre, log back in and go to your account... The D/L link should be there if you have hit the Confirm button.

Cheers

Nope the order history is empty tried again but it gives just invalid session :( never have a problem with online purchases

Maybe currency issue I picked euros... hence I'm from Europe Netherlands so maybe lies there the problem...

Sorry but I find this purchase process one of the worst in my FS history :(

Tried again to purchase via IE explorer and all went fine now so a problem with Firefox?

Lucky me one link in my account...

After trying to download 3 times the error 503 unavailable (we have a fine counter that says 7 times available)

man why invent the wheel again puzzles me I mis flight 1 in this process...

We have a key but no download funny I hope that the product will be better as this purchase process sorry guys frustrating to say the least...

André

Hmm, I can't download. When I click on the download link it says: 503 Service unavailable.

Another thing is that the order seems to have been processed twice although I was patient and only clicked the confirmation button once. But on the other side I got only ONE confirmation mail for an online payment of eway.com

Not a good start....

i get the same message and have lost 4 of my download opportunities just to receive the 503 not found message!!!!!  It started fine the first time but the D/L speed was only 26kbps which would have had me dl for 8 or so hours, and thats not good for broadband!

Any help anyone!!

Ryan

Aussiecop

Alex,

You should recieve 3 mails from the flightsimstore with your details, order confirmation and serial number

when the installer prompts you then enter the requested data and you are all set, for the activation you must be live on the internet

hope that this has clarifyed your question :)

Thanks for understanding that there is a couple of hundred people trying to do exactly the same thing on the website at the same time Andre, thanks for being so positive, it is appreciated !!!

Alex,

You should recieve 3 mails from the flightsimstore with your details, order confirmation and serial number

when the installer prompts you then enter the requested data and you are all set, for the activation you must be live on the internet

what if you have received only one email with the order confirmation and that you card has been charged?

Funny also notice this :(

"quote"

Download links

Payment must have been receviced before downloads will be available.

Orbx - FTX: AU Blue Temperate South

- 0Bytes Link expires: Friday 21 March, 2008 6 downloads remaining

"end quote"

Lol see the bytes part and that after a credit card payment  ???

Alex,

Thanks very much, Uhu_Feldermaus (nice name, btw, sounds very German ;) )

I will have a look in all my email folders!

I have just run a test on the server people, don't start your downloads and then stop it just because you are not happy with the d/l speed, that will do noone any good. I just ran a check on the server and it allowed 200 concurrent downloads without a single drama, then ran a manual one of 10 and none failed. Just when you click on your download link, let the browser do it's thing, don't start hitting that refresh button immediately.

ok minor freak out sorry, I am back up albeit at only 65 kbps but thats probably on my end as my mobile data card server SUCKS! but either way come hell or high water I will be flying FTX buy tonight my time!

Cheers all, whoever gets their DL finished first fly some Melbourne CBD and post some screenshots!!

Aussiecop

Alex,

what if you have received only one email with the order confirmation and that you card has been charged?

"quote"

Download links

"end quote"

Same problem here...I only got 1 e-mail from Paypal...none from Flightsimstore. And it's showing an error #30 - incorrect registration key??

I got my registration key from the "order history" in flightsimstore.

How do I solve this?

Thanks for understanding that there is a couple of hundred people trying to do exactly the same thing on the website at the same time Andre, thanks for being so positive, it is appreciated !!!

You think this is the first release for me?

You should understand the supporting paying customer here a

bit when a purchase process isn't working that smooth at all...

Thank you for the positive attitude to your new customer which has difficulties in purchasing your product !!!!!!

André

Hi All,

As with any major product launch you can expect server load to be quite high during the initial stages of the launch. If you are experiencing timeouts or problems during the order process it is important that you firstly remain calm :) any issues can and will be sorted out. Below are a few things that a couple of users have experienced at The FlightSim Store website:

1. Slow page load speeds - this is understandable... the revolution has started and everyone and their dog wants to be involved.

2. 503 Service Unavailable error message - cause is the same as above, just means momentarily the server reached it's limit. Try reloading the page or come back in a short while. We are in the process of uploading the file to various other servers and these kinds of errors when trying to download the file will become less likely over the next few hours.

3. Multiple orders in your account - This will happen if you click Confirm Order during the last stage of checkout and then try and do a refresh or click your back button and resubmit. It is important that you be patient and allow each step to complete. If you do receive multiple orders they will be cancelled and in the event your credit card is charged more than once refunds will be processed throughout the course of the day.

4. I've paid but I don't have a download link or registration email - Some payment methods are not instant. Bank Transfers, Cheque, Paymate all have to be confirmed manually. Once this is done your order status will be updated and the relevant registration information issued.

5. Download limit is reached because of above errors - No problem... contact us at http://www.flightsimstore.com/contact_us.php and it can be increased and re-activated.

The main thing to remember is be patient, FTX has been launched to the world and we are working tirelessly to get it out to you. Any and all issues will be sorted!

Thanks Adrian! we all appreciate the fact that most of you have been up for over 24 hours trying to get this out to everyone,  LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN.......................even if I still have 3 hours of downloading to go! lol

Cheers

Aussiecop

Alex,

"quote"

Download links

"end quote"

Same problem here...I only got 1 e-mail from Paypal...none from Flightsimstore. And it's showing an error #30 - incorrect registration key??

I got my registration key from the "order history" in flightsimstore.

How do I solve this?

I have the same problem, saying incorrect reg key which I copied and typed in manually from the order

Archived