The Revolution Has Begun!

Jay Kae

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still getting corrupt/incomplete messages when I try to unzip. My download file size

is always 775 mb. Is anyone else downloading a larger file. John mentioned yesterday that the file should be around 790 something

Bulldog

The file when on disc is larger than when the download window pops up, when that pops up it should say 775MB, so I would suggest for you to clear your cache/ temp files and download it again using either FireFox ( which has an inbuilt resume ) or something like FlashGet or GetRight.

Download 10 and still same. Cannot unzip. Why am I getting corrupt messages all the time.

All I am doing is hitting the download button and saving the file to desktop. This is the way I save all my downloaded files.

>:(

Bulldog

I have only had time to check out Canberra in the helicopter and it exceeds all expectations. Can hardly wait now for the northern area. Must confess I use DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) to download as it allows resumes. When I started yesterday DAP said the download site was almost dead (as opposed to medium, good or excellent). Nevertheless I left it running while I went to a bridge session and when I came back after five hours it was only just finishing. Maybe that was a bit naughty but maybe there is some way in future users can contribute bandwidth or links for mirror downloads. I would be willing to do that.

Thanks for a vast improvement to flight  simming!!

I had the smae unzipping problem it would go to not responding and shut down, I run vista and found that after the DL I restarted the computer and tried the unzip with nothing else running and left it alone and it took about 5 minutes, hope I helped someone,

Cheers

Aussiecop

I am still getting corrupt/incomplete messages when I try to unzip. My download file size

is always 775 mb. Is anyone else downloading a larger file. John mentioned yesterday that the file should be around 790 something

Bulldog

I had a problem last night unzipping, the file would not extract but while I was talking on live support the thing just decided to extract and started to install, this must have been a good 5 minutes after I hit the extract button.

All was good after that.

To anyone who has used up their quotas or excessive bandwidth trying to download, please refer Adrian at FSS to this post. Email him a copy of your ISP statement showing the usage, and Orbx will cop the cost of sending you the CD for free ok? Least we can do.

I don't want anyone to be out of pocket trying to get the download. Please understand this is not a carte-blanche offer for free CD shipping, but show us the proof of usage with dates, and we'll happily absorb the cost of shipping the CD.

I think this issue may be caused by certain router/firewall combos, since mostly everyone reports 100-300KB/sec from myftx.com, and these issues are isolated to less than 2% of all downloads. Again, we can only apologize, since I know you want to get up and flying asap.

MMM, on this point, i know no-one out there would be cheeky enough to attempt a download via their work PC/system :) .......to put it on the company dime.......but if you do, you will probably run into issues with corporate firewalls either throttling down to something really dinky...or nipping off your D/L at about 36.6 or 40 meg....or so i have heard :) ......

Cheers

MC

Bulldog & John, The winzip update just worked for me too. FTX installed ok. Haven't had time to try it though, got to dash for a dental appointment, more pain, in the mouth and pocket too. Thanks guys

Hi Bulldog,

I am pretty sure you can't turn FTX mode on/off while Flight Simulator is running. For the reason that you mentioned.... some of the files that are moved as a result of switch mode will be in use.

As for your second question... I assume you're referring to FSX SP 2?

If so here it is: http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack2.aspx

Archived