Sad news from the founder of AVSIM

shermank

What terribly sad news, I wish him and his family all the very best, I really hope the Avsim site will continue on as it has been so incredibly helpful for so very many of us simmers.

A really great thing Mr. Allensworth started with Avsim.

Sorry to hear that

Tom was very outspoken and vocal at times and made some bad decisions for his site IMHO and I handed in my keys voluntarily to Avsim a long time ago before I lost it and got banned ... but I'd not wish that upon anyone, friend or foe.

I hope he finds peace with his last time on Earth ... the slate is wiped clean here (even though we never knew each other) and no more grudges.

My heart goes out to Mr Allensworth , like most of us , I wish that there were cures.

I have nothing but respect for both him and the AVSIM site.

I have spent and enjoyed endless hours at the Panel forum learning to create instruments - gauges.

Karol 

We all have our own thoughts on AVSIM as an entity. Truth be told, if you want information on just about anything flight sim, you are most likely to find it there. It is, indeed, the largest repository of flight simulation knowledge anywhere. Heartfelt wishes to the man and his loved ones.

I feel so bad for him. I also should state that we all should take a life lesson in here and try no to be mean to each other wether we agree to disagree we should always try to be nice and kind. This world is filed with so much hate already and we never know when that person will be gone from this life. Thank you avsim for all the freeware you give us and Tom we will keep you in our prayers

Archived