ATR-72 P3Dv2 Trio

Adam Banks

Three for Stu (not that he needs any more encouragement!) - in my favorite ANZ livery:

ORBX Nelson departure - looks like autumn is on the way :(:

atr_p3d_01_33_1280.jpg

Somewhere over the Abel Tasman - going SW - down towards Queenstown:

atr_p3d_02_119_1280.jpg

Long haul up to Auckland:

atr_p3d_03_514_1280.jpg

The same vintage as the classic Captain Sim C-130 (but maybe not *quite* in the same league!!), the ATR is a superb aircraft and, treated carefully, can be persuaded to work in P3Dv2.

These are with REX clouds (+ Soft Clouds) and OPUS.

Adam.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Great shots! I'm almost buying Opus just to see if this a/c still works! :)

OPUS will work on any aircraft - as it's a weather engine (independent). Apart from generating accurate weather, it also generates realistic turbulence (as opposed to the "random" effects used by EZDOK) that affects the aircraft. OPUS also has an excellent camera/view system - much better than EZDOK, IMHO.

I could go on for much more, but I think it might go against ORBX forum rules ;)

Adam.

Is that the old Flight1's ATR? If so, she looks great in those screenshots! I ask because I see the prop blades doesn't show the ill effect as in FSX, where the blades textures disappears when it's shown against the backdrop of clouds.

Is that the old Flight1's ATR? If so, she looks great in those screenshots! I ask because I see the prop blades doesn't show the ill effect as in FSX, where the blades textures disappears when it's shown against the backdrop of clouds.

It is indeed the Flight1 ATR. I amended the prop textures to work better in FSX/DX10, but they still showed some transparency issues over some sky colours (not all). I copied over my new textures as and when I installed it into P3D - where the textures appear to work perfectly - with no show through at all.

There must be something that P3D is doing that's different - DX11 maybe?

If you want the prop textures, they're here: http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=dload&fname=atr_propfix.zip

Let me know if they help!

Adam.

Archived