Farewell to MD-11's passenger flights

Orbxtreme

October 26, 2014 was the last passenger flight using a MD-11. On that day, KLM made the last flights from Toronto and Montreal to Amsterdam Schipol. Today, the MD-11 is only used for cargo. But a virtual pilot will always be able to fly wherever he wants with that incredible aircraft.

Here is a flight from Palm Springs to a popular sun destination which requires to fly over a beach loaded with tourists. This set only contains what is allowed by Orbx on this forum. For the last shots of the arrival, you can visit my website, the set is on the current page and eventually in the "challenging virtual flights" section.

19360MD11atPalmSpringsKPSP88e73.jpg

19361MD11airbornefromPalmSpringsKPSP.jpg

19362MD11airbornefromPalmSpringsKPSP.jpg

19363MD11overPalmSpringsKPSParea.jpg

19364KLMMD11overUSAFSX.jpg

Now over Greater Miami area.

19365KLMMD11overMiamiFSX.jpg

19366KLMMD11headingtoStMaartenFSX.jpg

19367KLMMD11approachingStMaartenFSX.jpg

Destination in sight. Ready for the visual approach.

19368KLMMD11approachingStMaartenFSX.jpg

I would have posted some more shots but it's from another vendor. So, as I say, the rest of the approach is visible on my website.

François

Beautiful! What add ons did you use?

No add ons except Cumulus X. I use FSX for the flight and then I decide if I should edit a picture or not. Some of them need editing when they are worth the work, when I like the composition and what is included in the picture (because I keep them for an eventual posting on my website).Others don't need anything or are not worth the time. But there is no Sweet Fx or shade or anything else. Just partial editing when required. I hope it answers your question.

No add ons except Cumulus X. I use FSX for the flight and then I decide if I should edit a picture or not. Some of them need editing when they are worth the work, when I like the composition and what is included in the picture (because I keep them for an eventual posting on my website).Others don't need anything or are not worth the time. But there is no Sweet Fx or shade or anything else. Just partial editing when required. I hope it answers your question.

You forgot REX ;)

NICE shots.

Wonderful shots Francois.

Nice to still see the MD-11 as a cargo plane.

Flew on these several times and thought they were the worst jet I have ever flown on.

I can remember waiting at Melbourne one night to fly to Thailand expecting yet another MD-11 flight and was so happy to see a 773 come to our gate.

Wonderful shots Francois.

Nice to still see the MD-11 as a cargo plane.

Flew on these several times and thought they were the worst jet I have ever flown on.

I can remember waiting at Melbourne one night to fly to Thailand expecting yet another MD-11 flight and was so happy to see a 773 come to our gate.

+1

You forgot REX ;)

NICE shots.

You are so right about REX. I've used it for so many years now that I forgot to mention it. I also occasionnaly use FSGRW for the clouds, depending on the needs. Thanks for reminding me, every creator deserves a mention.

Archived