Mediafire downloads at the Flightsimstore

simdown42

Hi
I went to download the latest Concrete Muni from The FlightSim Store and had  to go through mediafire and answer a stupid video verification question before I could start downloading. It would not let me download with Internet Download Manager as usual. The mediafire download is slow with no renewal option  Hope this does not become a regular method of downloading as it would be most difficult with a large file such as Vector. Any help please?
Many Thanks
Happy New Year

I have gone to my account in  the FSStore  to download and install/port the Concrete airport for P3D v2.

What used to be a very simple process is now a nightmare and I am not sure what is going on.

When I am downloading or attempting to, I end up with something called Media Fire with all kind of download traps. 

FSS used to be my favorite Flightsim purchase site because it was reliable and straight forward.I have experience with them with 65 purchases. Is this malware or is Adrian using another angle to increase his revenue. If it is the latter I urge ORBX to look for another outlet to give us options. 

I maybe in the wrong forum however "release announcement" is locked and the Flightsim store forum redirects you to their FAQ.

Hey Rolf.

Mr. JayKae is afaik, the garant for FSS and i truely hope that he stands for the right,.. he could also be mr.Mega for what i know.

Personly i have never or almost never had problems there (FSS) and i still thrust the firm.

I have just checkt at FFS, and my accound is OK.

FSS is still my favorite Flightsim purchase site. ::) 

Henrik

Be aware of any Korean (North) attempt to interfear with your approach. ??? 

I downloaded the Concrete triple installer without any problems last night.

And please Rolf, chill! You had 65 downloads from FSS without any troubles as it seems only with the 66th download problems occured. So I think it is exaggerated and not appropriate to urge Orbx to provide other download options.

Rolf, I have recently re-downloaded tons of stuff from my FSS account, and have not had the issue you are describing. I get no Mediafire reference whatsoever, just the normal secure download page that we are used to seeing. In the last month I have re-downloaded ALL of my FTX purchases from my FSS account, which is alot as I own 99% of all Orbx scenery and not any issues whatsoever. Sorry to hear of your woes my friend, but there must be something else afoot causing the issue for you.

Oh how I wish I tried downloading "Concrete" a few more times. I just did and sure enough all is well.

It  appears that Media Fire has a role in the downloading process. <link removed, mod>

I surely wish that I could withdraw the first e-mail however I do offer my apologies to Adrian for the suggestion 

that something else was afoot.

I appreciate all your comments Gentlemen

On 4 January, I purchased two different products from FSS and things went as usual, no different to the ease of purchase and downloading (I use Internet Download Manager) I have had with other products I have bought there in the past (however, my version Concrete Muni is a boxed version).

However, I wonder if there is a different scenario occurring now with Concrete because yesterday in the Support part of the Forum, there was a post by someone else talking about the same type of problem with the same product. The post is shown as "active".

I suspect that the two posts on the same subject in two Sections of the Forum will bring some input from Adrian.

Gary

I had no problem with Monument Valley and another product which I purchased and downloaded from FSS on 4 January.

However, as to the Concrete Muni aspect, see the current topic New Release "Concrete" in the General Discussion segment of the Forum.

Gary

I too was unhappy at being presented with a mediafire download. At first attempt I was faced with all sorts of ad rubbish and downloader managers and I nearly gave up, wondering what had happened to ORBX? When I tried once more I got a "straight" but still Mediafire download.

It is fairly simple, Mediafire offers other services as well and one of them is a redirect and boosting system, which I will not go too deep into but if your DNS is afoot OR mediafire is doing maintenance you MIGHT get a screen like that but honestly, you are the first two I have seen that actually have experienced this. This system has been in place for a long time now too

My apologies for I know this topic is appearing on another post, but please bare with me:

On a couple of my recent downloads including Monument Valley, I experienced the Mediafire Login Box.  Where it asks for my Login Name and Password.  

I tried my Orbx Signin Details and several others no luck.  It took several attempts and half a day to finally get a clean download which was (as I am sure you understand) very frustrating. 

I even went to the expense of purchasing Mediafire Pro to try to alleviate any future problems - but I am not sure this will do any good as it will only download a maximum file size of 300 MB.

The point of this post:  What Login Name/ Password should we use for Mediafire and what happened to the good old Orbx Cloud etc which gave us an easy experience?

Yes i have had this problem as well..I will not login into mediafire ( i do no want to give then any details)

You should not have to sign up to mediafire or purchase a mediafire pro account to download your products.

Do you know if we have to do this with all our downloads now?

Oh how I wish I tried downloading "Concrete" a few more times. I just did and sure enough all is well.

It  appears that Media Fire has a role in the downloading process. <link removed, mod>

I surely wish that I could withdraw the first e-mail however I do offer my apologies to Adrian for the suggestion 

that something else was afoot.

I appreciate all your comments Gentlemen

These are the words of a real gentleman! Much appreciated!

Hi

I believe it is time a representative from The FlightSim Store replied to this thread and clarified the situation once and for all. It is a farce that some people are purchasing MediaFire pro accounts in an attempt to download applications they have already paid good money for. 

Thanking You

Sincerely

simdown42

Please DO NOT buy Mediafire Pro accounts.

Our CDN should be completely invisible and transparent to all customers. If you are indeed being redirected to a Mediafire page and being solicited for a Pro account please accept my apologies, that should not be happening.

If there are no other CDN links available for the download then please contact FSS asking for an alternative URL or post a support issue here about it.

I have asked Jay to investigate ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased Orbx FTX Global Base and mediafire presents me with a page that states:  "oops! This download is currently unanavailable" and makes attempts to restart the download.  I have had this page up for over 30 minutes and I tried to start an online chat with flightsimstore and have been waiting for a response for 15 minutes.  I did try the link to install this product again and got the same results with my download timer going down to 98, so I am hesitant to try more attempts to download the product since I don't want to have the ticker continue to countdown without receiving my product.  Is there anywhere else that I can download this and just put in my registration key?

Archived