Switzerland, Biel to Lugano

bernd1151

This 160 nm flight from Biel to Lugano should be smooth and uneventful, but a flight in December through the Swiss mountains is neither smooth nor uneventful .

On the other hand it can be quite spectacular

(next to Global and Vector part of the scenery is from a third party developer. It all works beautifully together)

U0amt.jpg

Preparing to take off from an airstrip near Biel in North-West Switzerland

GpBYw.jpg

The most difficult part will be to gain height in this valley. In this kind of weather, wind is NOT your friend

Mq8JI.jpg

Unfortunately we were asked to depart in the afternoon. In the Alps that means more clouds and stronger winds

wdFL5.jpg

2EjR8.jpg

All is well now

s92My.jpg

3ylPK.jpg

Breathtaking scenery

yLZpU.jpg

wd7Uo.jpg

SXk2G.jpg

8z7kd.jpg

K1586.jpg

Oh no

XBMun.jpg

Luckily we made it through the mountains and are already on final over Lake Lugano

1Zj3Y.jpg

4G3X.jpg

2SBza.jpg

YxHC.jpg

BINGO

6OaNK.jpg

Thanks a lot, gents

... But crossing the alps VFR in these conditions is not the first idea I would have...

I absolutely agree, Gerold. But once back on terra firma, I have to admit that I had a ball  ::)  ::)

Nice to see the Digital Aviation Cheyenne X again. Man did I spend alot of hours in that thing. Still a rockstar addon in my eyes.

Still a rockstar with me too. I might have newer ones, better ones, but the Cheyenne still is one of my favourite planes. And she will remain so

Archived