Sea west of KLAX became land

jm3XQ

Hello there,

I noticed that the sea west of KLAX Los Angeles International became land in FSX. I recently installed KPSP but I am not sure if this had any influence since deactivation of KPSP in the scenery library didn't change anything, neither did switching of FTX Central. Scenery lib seems to be OK.

Anything to solve this? Thanks.

Flugingenieur_20141105_Land%20westlich%2

Hi. I just opened both UTX USA and Canada programs but they seem fine. I only use them for display of their LC data, everything else is deactivated. Just installed latest libs again but no change.

Last time I flew into KLAX a month ago everything was fine. There's no other scenery active in the area except the ones mentioned above plus Global Base and Vector. I just had another look at it and it seems that only a square region immediately west of KLAX is affected, everything else is fine.

Hi!

I have the same problem, but without having UTX installed on this PC, just Global (1.30), Vector (1.20) and other ORBX Addons. There aren´t other addons installed in that area.

I have also checked, that I have the latest library installed. My shots are looking very similar to the above... On my laptop, where I do have (a deactivated) UTX but no KPSP, there is everything OK as you can see on the post I already started in the German Forum...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/87161-texturproblem-nach-kpsp/?p=796237

Just visited an OLD friend yesterday evening that has exactly the same issue.EXACTLY the same terrain.

He has FSDT KLAX there global and vector

I spent an hour trying to fix it with no luck.

Basically all i did was to try desactivating some mesh in the vector program...

I'll tell him to jump in.

Regards

Hi Jarrad,

Thanks. Actually, we already found a solution. With the help of the german subforum here and especially the work of "Kaeptn" / Frank, who was able to find it even though he doesn't even own the scenery by himself, we found the solution. The issue seems to occur only when FTX Vector is also installed.

Here's the solution: Just re-enable the file 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.OFF found in in \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery by re-naming the ending to .bgl. Now the sea is back in LAX. Also on the first look no resulting issues were found when checking KPSP again.

Thank you for this outstanding scenery!

Best regards

Jan

Hi guys,

This indeed is correct, it's a mistake on my end in an attempt to remedy a clash with KPSP. I'm away for the next week on holidays but will be working with the team once I'm back on deck to find a proper solution to this issue, but in the mean time those instructions again:

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery folder, and find the file named 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.OFF

2. Rename this file to 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl

3. This will resolve the (far more important) coastline/waterbody issue, however the trade-off will be that the KPSP airport bagge tunnel will have a terrain clash.  

Cheers,

Jarrad

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery folder, and find the file named 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.OFF

2. Rename this file to 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl

==========================================================

I went to do this and 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl is all ready named this - I have all land no water - my fps are messed up now and stutters - how do I uninstall KPSP as I would like to get my sim back to where it was - thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

This is the only waterbody file that was affected by the KPSP installer, and all that was done was to switch it off. I'm just on holidays at the moment but will be liasing with the vector team on Monday to create the appropriate fix.

Cheers

Rename the waterbody file worked for me Jarrad ;)    Wanted to say this: First FSX won't start no more, so opened FSX cetral2 and Switched regs between GLobal and NA, all worked perfect again and water issue resolved.

Thanks a lot and sorry I didn't mentioned this before.

papa19 here. I had issues as described with all water turned to land. I'm no way as knowledgeable as you all, but here is what I did. I un-checked "orbxvector exx" in the scenery file and all the water features came back with no ill effects I have noticed. This also seemed to get back all roads & vehicles. Strange, but it seems to work for me. This is a great forum, so helpful espically to someone like me who can't find the "any-key". Thanks to all.

PS, KLGB is my home field, no issues with KPSP.

papa19

Under no circumstances should you disable that .exx file, even though it seems to solve your problem.  Doing so has huge consequences elsewhere which you haven't discovered yet.  Take Jarrad's advice about renaming the waterbody file.  He is, after all, designer of the scenery.

Stew

Stewart, Thank you sir. Will undo my goof and try the other. Thank you. Ok, found the file and it does end in .bgl, however when I enable the .exx file in the scenery list, all water features turn back to land. Might need extra help. As a side note, I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer when it comes to this type of fiddling with computer programs. Thanks again for tolerating my lack of  understanding.

papa19

Stewart, Thank you sir. Will undo my goof and try the other. Thank you. Ok, found the file and it does end in .bgl, however when I enable the .exx file in the scenery list, all water features turn back to land. Might need extra help. As a side note, I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer when it comes to this type of fiddling with computer programs. Thanks again for tolerating my lack of  understanding.

papa19

No problem. Since the file you have ends in .bgl I'm not really sure what the problem is.  Disabling the .exx entry, though, is not the answer.  Sorry I can't be more help.

papa19 here,

Regarding the water land issue I was having.  Ended up trying the Vector 1.20 update reinstall and it worked. So far it appears all water features are now ok. I would like to thank all who responded in an effort to help me. Stewart, thanks again for your help. I think I will kick the tires and fly around with my new found great scenery. This is a swell forum. 

papa19

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The search function does work! :D

I had to do some more steps because my file already ended with .bgl. In FTX Central I switched from Global and back to North America and then I found the file to be renamed with a .OFF extension. I removed the .OFF and all is well now.

• 5 months later...

Archived