Sweden Design Part 1 is released! It´s FREE!

Lennart Arvidsson, the well known Swedish scenery designer has released his part 1 of Sweden Design (FREE). It works in both FSX and P3D v2.4 (i have beta-tested the scenery in both sims) and it blends nicely with ORBX products.

Follow the link below, click on the Scenery package, check out from the shop and thats it. You will probably have to open an account but thats also FREE and no credit card details are asked for. I¨s a MUST for simmers flying in Scandinavia.

http://www.flightsim.se/fs/

Just ask if you have any questions about the scenery or downloading it.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

When you have downloaded the file, UNZIP it and you will get:

1-Sweden Design Library

4-1 Use.... to 4-8 Use (that is the season files and you have to manually activate/deactivate them) January is Jan-March, June is June-Aug

5 Lennarts Airports (All Airports included)

Effects

EURW

NAMW

NO there are NO number 2 or 3 files yet, they will come later. (not used)

You have to MANUALLY add them to your FS scenery library. They MUST be in number order.

Just copy the Effects, EURW, NAMW to the FS root library.

Included airports are:

ESML Landskrona

ESMF Fagerhult

ESMG Feringe

ESMX Växjö

ESGJ Jönköping

ESUH Myran-Härnösand

ESNK Kramfors

ESNV Vilhelmina

ESUP Pajala

Thats all.

Hi Jack

Many thanks for heads up on this scenery.

I downloaded and tried to run after your initial post but unfortunately I experienced weird graphics to do with snow and a quite large Fps hit.

By then you had posted your second note and once I read it I realised that I had every month activated in the scenery library.

Sorted that and rerun and am impressed with the outcome .

These airports will come in useful when Orbx goes North to Norway

Many many thanks

Kind regards

Ian

JJ is it possible to use the scenery without the seasonal folders?

Would love to enjoy this as well but no option to check out for us here in the USA. :-[ Please let me know if someone figures this out.

Figured it out. I just entered my name and email, along with my US phone number, and just other other gibberish for a local Swedish address (something larsson street, Stockholm, some numbers for postal code) and it worked. I think it just cares that you enter an email and some kind of data in the other required fields.

Larsson street, haha. That′s a good one :). This first package is made up of 9 airports, but his ambition is to release more (many are already made, he′s ″just″ fixing them up) and to also release landclass, textures, coastlines and proper data for cities/towns. Free of charge as Jack said, for the whole of Sweden!

He′s been at it over a long period, is talented and above all, a genuinely friendly guy. So if you download and like what you see (and manage to navigate the site in Swedish), please do drop him a line in the forum over there.

Fredrik

But not enough, so Jack one question : Has this new edition something to do with SWED2011? Do I have to delete all SWED2011 folders/files?

Well in fact it is a replacement for Swed2011, BUT you can still use Swed2011,, as long as you delete/disable no 16 ESML Landskrona because that airport is Included/updated in Sweden Design. Also delete no 2 SeasonMix_Syd as Sweden Design has new season files. It will NOT look 100% perfect but a lot better than default. ALL airports + many new ones will be released, hopeully before christmas. Also, to save some scenery entries I have put ALL airports into ONE library, that is I made a library called Airports in SWED2011 and copied ALL Scenery/Texture files into that library, so instead of several airpost libraries I only have one, containeing ALL included airports.

Chrome does a good job on the translation issue, BUT the site does not support customers in the USA.  Tried to make up an address, but the software recognizes inaccuracies.  Guess I need to dig up a real non-US address and see if that will work.

I didn't download it, but I like the idea that the add-on overrides the seasonal texture changes in P3d and FSX and replaces them with textures that change monthly. That's 12 unique seasonal ground textures instead of the present 5.

Maybe ORBX should look into that approach for FTX Global 2.0.

Interesting, But If i Live in Canada, how I proceed to the checkout ? Only European country are available in the choice offerred.

Another question, Why asking for telephon number ? I have a cell phone and do not want do give my number withpout knowing if I will received foreign  SMS or Call.

Thanks for the helps.

Michel

Tried to make up an address, but the software recognizes inaccuracies.  Guess I need to dig up a real non-US address and see if that will work.

Try Larsson Street with a 2-digit street number, in Stockholm. Worked OK for me.

Or try this -- it's City Hall.

Hantverkargatan 1,

111 52 Stockholm, Sweden

08-508 290 58

Archived