Hooray! A major milestone and a pleasant delivery ....

John Venema

Today marks the 12 month anniversary of the release of AU BLUE. It has been a tumultous, stressful, exciting and ultimately, rewarding year for the whole Orbx team.  And to make the first anniversary of our first release even more special, today the first batch of 1,000 DVD arrived at Orbx HQ. These are the Avalon Edition DVDs we will be selling at the Orbx booth at the Avalon Airshow next week.

I was so excited I took some photos from my iPhone to share with you. You can see how the contents of the packaging has turned out. The artwork was a collaboration between myself, Russ White and Tim Fuchs from REX. It features screenshots taken by you, the user community. It was very exciting for me to hold the finished product in my hands for the first time.

The global-release DVD due in April will look similar to this.

post-1-130203932575_thumb.jpg

post-1-13020393269_thumb.jpg

post-1-130203932724_thumb.jpg

John,

A fantastic milestone and so many more to come. Well done Orbx team all!!!!

Is there any chance I can pre-pay for one of those Avalon CDs even though I cant get to the Avalon Air Show??

Paul

Well I guess it must be near my 2 year anniversary then, I came along onto the voz forums shortly before the launch of the ORBX forums, had FSX before ORBX existed and backpeddled to FS9 and Voz until Au Blue came out, then I never looked back! 3 computers and several thousand dollars later I am still loving each and every thing that comes from the ORBX hangars.  Thanks to the help of so many people teaching me the basics of painting I can now give back a little to the community that gave me so much.  Happy Anniversary John, ORBX and team.

... had FSX before ORBX existed ....

Impossible Ryan, LOL!  Orbx was registered as a company well before FSX was even released. We were on the ACES beta team for 18 months. I was testing stuff under FSX betas while I was still working on VOZ releases mate.

But thanks for the congrats Ryan, and everyone else. I feel like a proud daddy ;)

Congrats on an incredible year.  Transforming the flying experience.  I am still blown away at times when flying.  Thanks to the Team and well wishes for the future.            cheers

Ha ha, the in that second picture there's the screenshot I took for the PC competition. Well now I feel important   :o::):-* Good job Orbx.

Yes that was a beautiful shot from the competition, so congrats it made the inside cover of the DVD :)

Congratulations John and team. I'll never forget the thrill of that first flight over FTX scenery, it made such a difference! Looking forward to the next year. Thanks for all your efforts :)

Archived