P3D v2.3 Beta 2 at South Lake Tahoe

Rob Ainscough

I was recently vacationing in this area ... it's a California Jewel.

I was testing out various AA settings (including FXAA), also weather and seasons using A2A's Cherokee.  Airport settings are default ... grass is a little hard on fps, but still very flyable.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2El6g6Wzwc4

Settings are here: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_V2.php and I did experiment with FXAA.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the KTVL tour Rob and I love the  A2A's Cherokee. One can really feel the weight of the aircraft when flying...it´s a great simulation plus really enjoy the different pilots one can choose. 

Everything sure looks sweet and I guess 3D grass always takes it toll but, still well within limits according to you FPS counter and it was smooth. Loving all the different seasons and times of day you used... top notch you are.

Thanks all ... I should say a big thank you to Alex/John V. for helping making this happen in 2.3 beta 2.

I often forget the Orbx crew that makes these wonderful products (scenery/airports) really have to repeat much of their work 3 times ... summer, winter, spring, autumn ... there is no press a button and all season magically happen.  And having 4 seasons is pretty unique to P3D/FSX and I'm sure it can be exhausting at times for the Orbx crew.  That's why I wanted to show at least a couple of seasons.

Cheers, Rob.

Truly inspiring Rob. Not sure I can hold off for long on buying KTVL but the wife is getting a bit shell shocked by all I have bought lately including P3Dv2.2 and a bunch of Alabeo & Carenado aircraft to go with it.

Again the video is beautiful! :)

Simply stunning Rob , hopefully 2.3 is just around the corner ??? .

Brad

Hey that's what I tell my wife when we're out hiking or biking ... finish is just around the corner!  I can't comment on when 2.3 will be out ... primarily because I don't know.  There are things they need to sort out and I have no idea where they stand with nVidia and getting some proper driver support ... nVidia seem to work to a different drum beat.

Cheers, Rob.

There are things they need to sort out and I have no idea where they stand with nVidia and getting some proper driver support ... nVidia seem to work to a different drum beat.

Cheers, Rob.

nVidia support would be great...maybe Lockheed Martin and can down the hall and talk to their other colleagues in weapons systems for some help to get nVidia motivated :) 

Great video Rob , well done ::)    I still have a GTX580 video card  , can i install Prepar3dv2.2 using this card or should i wait until i manage to buy a better one (eg. GTX780) to run it?

Thank you very much ,  Mike .

Great video Rob , well done ::)    I still have a GTX580 video card  , can i install Prepar3dv2.2 using this card or should i wait until i manage to buy a better one (eg. GTX780) to run it?

Thank you very much ,  Mike .

Hi Mike,

It'll work with the GTX580 but you'll have to compromise some of the visual settings to keep reasonable performance ... the 780 will of course work better provided your CPU can keep the data flowing.  And who knows, maybe if we ever get an nVidia profile for P3D it might help out all GPUs across the board ... but right now it seems nVidia drivers are intent on breaking P3D, not helping it which is disappointing.

Maybe if more folks made it heard that we'd rather use Flight Simulator over Goat Simulator we might get some attention from nVidia who is doing wonders with Goat Simulator performance improvements.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Mike,

It'll work with the GTX580 but you'll have to compromise some of the visual settings to keep reasonable performance ... the 780 will of course work better provided your CPU can keep the data flowing.  And who knows, maybe if we ever get an nVidia profile for P3D it might help out all GPUs across the board ... but right now it seems nVidia drivers are intent on breaking P3D, not helping it which is disappointing.

Maybe if more folks made it heard that we'd rather use Flight Simulator over Goat Simulator we might get some attention from nVidia who is doing wonders with Goat Simulator performance improvements.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you very much Rob , for your reply !   I think i better wait a bit longer until i buy a new card and then switch to prepar3dv2.2 .

Thanks all ... I should say a big thank you to Alex/John V. for helping making this happen in 2.3 beta 2.

I often forget the Orbx crew that makes these wonderful products (scenery/airports) really have to repeat much of their work 3 times ... summer, winter, spring, autumn ... there is no press a button and all season magically happen.  And having 4 seasons is pretty unique to P3D/FSX and I'm sure it can be exhausting at times for the Orbx crew.  That's why I wanted to show at least a couple of seasons.

Cheers, Rob.

+1

Well said that man.

Archived