City of Trieste missing

farman

Hi,

I flew in random places finding all OK; nont to speak, for example, of the stunning mt Vesuvio near napoli. But, as soon as I went to Trieste...

3DJqp.jpg

Trieste with Open LC EU installed

pB6G9.jpg

Trieste before with unchecked Open LC Europe.

Thanks for any help.

Hi farman,

With Global active in FTX Central (hybrid off) Trieste should look like this:
i0kRW.jpg

Maybe not perfect - you may, for example, miss the vegetation in Chiadino -  but shaped way closer to reality than default. Please check if you have unticked hybrid.

Hi farman,

With Global active in FTX Central (hybrid off) Trieste should look like this:

i0kRW.jpg

Maybe not perfect - you may, for example, miss the vegetation in Chiadino -  but shaped way closer to reality than default. Please check if you have unticked hybrid.

Hi Frank, I'll try ASAP.

Hi Frank,

should be correct now, isn't it? But it looks different from your picture. Damn!

g9F4.jpg

cyiQa.jpg

Or is this the correct setting?

2fNt8.jpg

Possibly the mistake I made was to check the FTX Global+Hybrid mode.

BTH, I have installed all the European areas (England, Ireland etc.).

The 2nd pic shows the correct setting if you want to see pure openLC - there's something wrong with your scenery though. Will have a look at it.

Hi Frank, even setting FTX Central in the correct position (2nd pic), Trieste continues to be like my last view from above. Just in case, I'm re-downloading the Southern part of the entire set. It occurred to me, in the past, some error during the process, even if I'm using IDM.

Surely the correct setting should be to have FTX Global ticked, and not Europe? (unless you're planning to fly to UK).

Jack

Hi Frank, even setting FTX Central in the correct position (2nd pic), Trieste continues to be like my last view from above. Just in case, I'm re-downloading the Southern part of the entire set. It occurred to me, in the past, some error during the process, even if I'm using IDM.

Of course Jack is right. I'm referring to the "hybrid" option. The correct setting will be FTX Global (since Global s highlighted on the 2nd pic, I assume, farman was about to activate it) and hybrid unticked. Don't forget to press "Apply".

Pardon my ignorance but Global is NOT highlighted on photo nr 2. Ok might look higlighted but NOT choosen. In my opinion the right setting should be Global (with the GREEN marking in it) and Hybrid Mode NOT ticked. Apply is apparently NOT pressed after choosing Global.

All of you are right. I was just selecting the FTX option and I captured the image just one second before clicking on it; it was just to ask for a confirmation. In any case I re-downloaded the Southern file, applying the correct settings. Let's wait and see, finger crossing.

Updating: so far all things worked properly. After installing Open LC EU things are as follow:

jGxK2.jpg

FTX Setting

i7WL.jpg

FSX settings

5DxKf.jpg

pTRB.jpg

Jqn70.jpg

This is(n't) Trieste and, just to test the correct installation I moved to Naples

BeVpR.jpg

N73ei.jpg

21Vv.jpg

1sKA.jpg

That seems to me correctly reproduced.

I've tried to re-download and re-installed a couple of times, just in case; but it seems at no avail. I really can't understand which point could I have missed or which kind of mistake.

My add-ons: FS Global Ultimate Europe (culprit of a lot of bugs, but I don't think this time)+FTX Global+Vector and, close to Trieste, Ronchi dei Legionari Tropical Sim's airport.

Well, I think I'll wait for better times for some update because I really can't understand. But I'm much worried about the picture Frank showed me at hi first reply, with a close to reality Trieste.

I can confirm that also to me trieste is like Farman simulator. I've landclass EU, Vector, FTX Global

Any Ideas?

Hi Newbie, share in two the same prblem will help, I think. Of course I'm sorry for you, but it seems less worrying, actually.

Hi farman,

Your Naples looks okay, as well as your settings. I don't know the Ronchi dei Legionari addon and if it possibly interacts with openLC. Could you please deactivate this though and also the UT LC entries, if still active, in your scenery lib and have another try?

@Ste_88: Is there perhaps any other addon active in your scenery library (custom Trieste, any landclass product)? If so, please deactivate it, restart your sim and have a look again.

Hi Frank, thanks for your reply.

I can confirm you that i have not Ronchi of Tropicalsim scenery, and I've FTX Global (1.20), Vector (1.15) , FS GLOBAL 2010 and Landclass europe. 

Here it is my library, it should be correct, could you confirm me? No hybrid mode is selected, i've not any ORBX region installed

s5z0u9.jpg

I've moved my FTXAA_ORBXLIBS (v. 140703) over the OPEN LC Entries. But the situation is still the same Trieste is still green near the see, like the screenshot posted by farman. I don't understand!  :-[

Actually, the openLC installer should insert all openLC entries (ORBX!OPENLC_*) below the lowest FTX entry, not only below the Orbxlibs (btw., your Orbxlibs are up to date as I can see).

Strange ...

Ste_88, farman, I will come back to you asap.

Thank you so much Frank, really appreciated.

One question before your investigation about Trieste, could you please confirm me that my Vector entries are correct? Now my ORBX library should be right!

Thank you

I just read in another section that all LC entries should be where the manager puts them ABOVE all other FSX enties. In this thread we are told below! This would make sense. Could we ask for a once and forever ruling on this topic of we're the LC should go. Where it was designed to go. I can't be alone in the fustration of the conflicting advice.

If you also have the entry ORBX!VECTOR_AEC at the very bottom (3rd from below) of your scenery lib, everything is all right with your Vector entries.

Yes, confirm Frank! It's the third from below! Thank You

@texerrn: I think the LC entries should stay in the position Frank confirmed me and under all FSX other sceneries. In fact Landclass should stay under all other third parts airport addson... This is what i think, and assume it's correct. But I leave the final confirmation to someone more expert than me!

I just read in another section that all LC entries should be where the manager puts them ABOVE all other FSX enties. In this thread we are told below! This would make sense. Could we ask for a once and forever ruling on this topic of we're the LC should go. Where it was designed to go. I can't be alone in the fustration of the conflicting advice.

It's important to not get confused here... There are two things getting confused here; FSX and FTX. The OpenLC entries should indeed be ABOVE the FSX entries (those installed by FSX), but BELOW the FTX entires...

Simply put, you want to see OpenLC and not default FSX, so place it above the FSX entries. However, if you own FTX regions, you would normally want to see those instead of the OpenLC... So OpenLC would go below those FTX entries.

Hope that makes sense...

Actually, the openLC installer should insert all openLC entries (ORBX!OPENLC_*) below the lowest FTX entry, not only below the Orbxlibs (btw., your Orbxlibs are up to date as I can see).

Strange ...

Ste_88, farman, I will come back to you asap.

Hi Frank, this is my library:

O9Cy.jpg

DyHJ7.jpg

FTX hierarchy is given by the installer itself.

I think that if there are two users complaining for the same bug, I'm sure there are many more all around. This means that 1) All of us have something wrong in common in our library or 2) there's something wrong in the file we downloaded itself.

UT is forgotten since I re-installed FSX and Tropical Sim's Trieste airport isn't the culprit.

OK, let's wait for some more suggestion. I'm trembling if I only think at the extreme measure..

Hi farman,

the OpenLC files being put in the wrong place is certainly not something new. There have been numerous posts about this since several weeks, but none have been answered.

I also started a new post about this yesterday, and Friedi said he would ask Ed to have a look.

While this is certainly not a problem while flying only in FTX Global, it is a major problem when changing to a full fat region, where the scenery order would (at the moment) have to be manually changed each time.

Hopefully this can be sorted out so that the files are placed in the correct sequence on installation.

Cheers

Jack

I have put a quick little guide on how to place the openLC entries here > http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/

The main issue is that openLC is a Global addon and in the post install process, the scenery.cfg is updated with putting openLC at the top above default sim entries. Unfortunately this puts it above the FTX regions and airports and needs to be manually adjusted, whcih is easily done and with the insertion feature of FTX Central you can get your FTX entries to stay above the openLC entries.

Well,

adjusted my library:

lOMzf.jpg

FTX settings as they should be:

bLuYT.jpg

Apart from this obscene Aviano AFB (LIPA), thanks to FS Global Ultimate,

RuNF4.jpg

Trieste is still missing, as before

d4HYX.jpg

To be realistic, it seemed to me too easy to solve this problem only by changing the library settings, but, of course, let's do the proper things.

Let's wait for better times :-(

Archived