Sublime

macca22au

I am presently flying from Monterey to Jackson Hole, over Orbx NCA and CRM.

I am using P3D with the made-for installers used.

Agreed I am using the default Kingair, but never have I had it so smooth, so clear, no popping, no blurries. no micro-stutters.  ASN for P3 is supplying the weather, with Rex4 textures.

It will probably all go to pieces tomorrow, but tonight this is simming as I have always wanted to be.

PS the latest nVidia driver is a corker.

Sounds like a good flight. I agree that P3D with Orbx scenery installers provides an amazing experience.

And with the new Monterey ... blissful.

Thanks for the heads up on the new nVidia drivers too, getting them now.

Best of both worlds, FSX DX10 and P3Dv2 on one PC - but DX10 is still the winner for me.

...and haven't seen any video so far that convinces me to switch to DirtectX, so enlighten me Hotspot, what makes DX10 so great? All I saw when I tried it was ugly shimmer and aliasing that I wasn't able to get rid of, unlike with DX9 + Nvidia Inspector.

Did you get what you want? That's enough, mates. If you are happy, that's enough.

Congratulation Macca, congratulation all of you. :smile: 

Me? FSX has not yet been won, but I give a helping hand to the P3D: we must help the new generation! :banghead: 

.., so enlighten me Hotspot, what makes DX10 so great? All I saw when I tried it was ugly shimmer and aliasing that I wasn't able to get rid of, unlike with DX9 + Nvidia Inspector.

I said "DX10 is still the winner for me", that is  better than DX9 and P3Dv2 in that the colours are brighter and shading better than P3D, the shimmer of P3D is not there, there have been no fatal errors as there is with P3D.

Anti aliasing is better than P3D - so when a trouble free, relaxed flight is the aim I use DX10 with the  Scenery Fixer which is easy to install and operate. If you wish to buy and try do so, if you don't OK that is your call and what you do is your business, no concern of mine, as I am not in the 'enlightening' business. My point is that you can have both programs on the one PC and make your own choice as to which you use based on your own experience.

I've completed installation of all my legacy addons to p3dv2.2. Not a single fsx scenery gave me hard time. About aircrafts, I also installed those working on p3d without problem (or with minor problem), thanks to fellow simmers who tried them and shared their experiences.

Although, I am still keeping p3d1.4 on same pc under different boot (dual boot pc), when we get 1/2 refresh rate vync, I'll get rid of it.

I have Orbx FSX Northern Cal, PNW, NRM, and CRM for Prepar3d v2.2 and i have to say, combined with REX4 TD and the A2A Cherokee,  it's about as close to the real thing as we will ever get until we get the new generation display devices and/or go holograms.     I am now building up my FSX Global/Vector library.   Do not hesitate if you're thinking about going Orbx/FSX.   It is indeed "sublime."   As for P3D, i am glad i made the switch.

C.

I said "DX10 is still the winner for me", that is  better than DX9 and P3Dv2 in that the colours are brighter and shading better than P3D, the shimmer of P3D is not there, there have been no fatal errors as there is with P3D.

Anti aliasing is better than P3D - so when a trouble free, relaxed flight is the aim I use DX10 with the  Scenery Fixer which is easy to install and operate. If you wish to buy and try do so, if you don't OK that is your call and what you do is your business, no concern of mine, as I am not in the 'enlightening' business. My point is that you can have both programs on the one PC and make your own choice as to which you use based on your own experience.

You make the mistake that I'm attacking your choice. I'm not. Aliasing is something that a lot of people hate, me included, so it would be great to hear from you how people deal with with it, but all you're doing is defending your choice.

Your choice, my choice. Plenty of add-ons for P3D, and zillions for FSX.

But that's the whole point, I have no choice when I want to fly PMDG, because I'm forced to use FSX. Of course you could call it "my choice to fly PMDG", but again....I have no choice, because all the other 737, 747 and 777 add-ons are completely inferior. It's not as simple as you make it sound.

I don't get those arguments about FSX VS P3D user. I'm still on FSX DX9 and still appreciate ORBX region.

I'm sure P3DV2 is better (I hope) but since I fly a lot of Cera sim heli I'm sticking with FSX for now. Anyway I don't have enough room on my HD ^-^  and not enough summer free time to loose installing stuff.

As for Monterey.... it's a gem.  Super quality and giant area. Same goes for Redding. Jarrad became my favorite developer.

But one thing, if you take off in Monterey... don't fly south, DON'T. You will end up in stock FSX world preet fast. I didn't remember what stock FSX look like.

Ben

ftpleta:  please, please fly whichever sim you prefer.  I've seen brilliantly smooth FSX, and P3Dv2.2 is smooth for me.

Go with your choice, I've gone with mine.

No tendentious debates, please, about which is the better.  Only time and the market will sort that one out.

But ftp, I strongly suggest that you install Global and Vector.  That way you never see stock FSX ever again.

Keep this civil please folks. This was a post praising P3D and the OP's experience with it, so there is no need for this to descend into DX10 vs FSX vs P3D petty arguments.

Thank you.

Is there nothing wrong with being content and feeling good about it?

Not opposed to healthy debate, but damn, it's not like there aren't 20+ other threads going at given moment with that very subject being discussed.

But ftp, I strongly suggest that you install Global and Vector.  That way you never see stock FSX ever again.

Ha ha, I'll stick to ORBX region for a wile. NC being one hell of a region.  Buying Global is not a probleme for me. I find FSX/Simulator platform/addon a pretty cheap hobby. I'm just no ready. I would hate to compare regions to ORBX Global.

I landed the MD87 tonight at Monterey, simply beautiful and as close as we can get to reality right now.

Before I go P3Dv2 I will have a new SSD drive that can take both, FSX and P3DV2, all addon. New win 7 install and all that like we all know will take days and days.

here in Canada it's our pretty short summer now, no time to be on a computer installing stuff.

I'm outside playing with my RC plane instead, on rainy day I open the SIM.

I like your post and I'm not trying to start any argument at all. I'm just a bit tired of people comparing FSX to P3D.

I kind of have a certain respect for FSX legacy. It made me enjoy virtual flying for many many years.

Don't worry, i will migrate to P3DV2 in time.

Cheers

Ben

D'Accord

ps  Here in the sub-tropics it is our endless summer, just with cooler nights.  I have just been in Toronto: lovely one day, very ordinary the next.  Too much climate for me!

Macca. Here in the county of Norfolk England, yesterday was clear skies, no wind and HOT (by our standards). As I'm typing this, gazing out across the disused USAAF WW2 bomber base of North Pickenham, the garden flooded by a recent torrential downpour, wondering whether to switch the PC off due to the near incessant thunder and lightning, and the patio chairs strewn about the yard due to the turbulent winds, I'm inclined to agree with your "too much climate" sentiment!

Now the sun is peeping through the overcast and the cat is smiling! Situation normal. As our old English saying goes, "if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes".

I'm just glad the D-Day veterans had great weather yesterday. That could have been a 'make or break' situation!

D'Accord

ps  Here in the sub-tropics it is our endless summer, just with cooler nights.  I have just been in Toronto: lovely one day, very ordinary the next.  Too much climate for me!

It's a crazy year so far. No spring at all, we are now jumping directly into summer. Lot's of wind and rain.

ORBX made me discover Australia and NZ, wile not on the sim I was on Google Earth looking at stuff.

One day. Big country with not to many people, it's a lot like us here. My preferred region viewed from the air is the Gold Coast ^-^

Ben

Archived