USAF Southampton to Sumburgh

Orbxtreme

A real pleasure to do that flight. Sumburgh is a beauty.

Taxiing at Southampton

V5GBH.jpg

MXkL.jpg

pLy3G.jpg

qBbSd.jpg

JTvSk.jpg

kWCJX.jpg

aqYZk.jpg

TEFwX.jpg

Finally Sumburgh airport in sight. The winds are from 220 at 11 kts. Runway 33 is not ideal but it's the one I want to try out.

kL6dY.jpg

d9tm6.jpg

iNhFI.jpg

GS7rs.jpg

RgTLi.jpg

MBVm.jpg

a7Yho.jpg

ktoIu.jpg

Z0eDP.jpg

Rwy 33 is a beautiful approach, with the hill on final. I find this scenery excellent, super definition, real attention to details and animation. I'm very happy with my new toy! ^-^

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked. I guess the only ones who might not appreciate is the US Navy staff, as I inadvertantly titled USAF. I'll check my phone lines for anything special from now on...

I have and love FTX Southampton and there is not a FTX product which I don't have (I do have 42 of them) that is not on my wish list but Sumburgh as lovely as it is will reside well down that list for a while. There is a lot to be said for a detailed airport that is in a out of the way location especially for use with highly complex aircraft but my budget stretches only so far and I am eagerly awaiting Half Moon Bay & Tahoe among others. It does look as if Lars & Martin have created another masterpiece but I will have to pass on it for now. Eventually I have hopes of owning the entire FTX world but that will take some time.  :)

Thanks for the great shots,

Tom Wunder

(Sorry I don't mean to be negative... just thinking over my simulator priorities out loud or with my fingers on the keyboard.)

I have and love FTX Southampton and there is not a FTX product which I don't have (I do have 42 of them) that is not on my wish list but Sumburgh as lovely as it is will reside well down that list for a while. There is a lot to be said for a detailed airport that is in a out of the way location especially for use with highly complex aircraft but my budget stretches only so far and I am eagerly awaiting Half Moon Bay & Tahoe among others. It does look as if Lars & Martin have created another masterpiece but I will have to pass on it for now. Eventually I have hopes of owning the entire FTX world but that will take some time.  :)

Thanks for the great shots,

Tom Wunder

(Sorry I don't mean to be negative... just thinking over my simulator priorities out loud or with my fingers on the keyboard.)

I don't think you're being negative, as this is a calculation that most people (except the few millionaires on that forum) have to do. And the choices of new planes also adds up to the thinking that we all do in order to be happy with our choices. California sure is going to bring a lot of surprises, so it's good planning.

Great shots François! I really like the look and the "warmth" of your shots!

I've another mission for you: Next time, try flying the real world approach to RWY33

with the C-130. That must be fun and challenging! :)

>http://youtu.be/lz5_7gXkqgs

Thanks for the comments Lars, I just watched the video, very interesting real world approach. I guess they prefer this way because they can stay a bit lower in case of low lying fog. I'll definitely try it the real way, and maybe not only with the C-130. If any good results (meaning I'm not dead), I'll post.

Archived