ENNK Narvik - Development shots: RWY 19

I'm going to place perhaps 30,000 such trees in the scenery :P  The shape of the tree must be simple to achieve good FPS, and the shape of the trees in itself is not something new. It is a standard in all the scenery that contains thousands of trees, and they are designed to look good from the air. Anyway, it will be detailed trees around the airport buildings when you are at ground level.

Thanks for the feedback, skyranger. I might adjust some of the shadows in the tree textures to reduce the visibility of the tree's simple shape.

I can understand that you're doing it for frame rates, but nevertheless I don't like it how some of the trees look, it's the first thing that bothered me and it would be a reason for me not to buy this product. I'd rather see less trees, than fake ones like these, but that's just my personal opinion. If a hunting simulator like "TheHunter" (which I often play) can render tons of pretty realistic trees without affecting frame rates too much (and even at a shorter distance), then I don't see why it's not possible with this one. Other than that I really like what you're showing!

PS: I hope that nobody attacks me for having this opinion, because that's all it is... an opinion....but an honest one.

The scenery is breathtaking, yes, BUT whats the point of buying p3d v2.2 if less than %5 of the GOOD addon airplanes work with it (dash, aoa c172, pmdg)

im so depressed.

Bear in mind, like all FTX products, this is going to work in FSX (DX9 & DX10), AND P3D V1.4 and V2.2...  The P3D logo on these previews simply means that they were taken in P3D... I'm sure you'll be seeing plenty of previews from FSX very shortly too :)

No need to be depressed ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, I don´t know how but this are amazing shots.

The scenery´s will be better and better.

THX, and Keep it on.................................................I can´t believe it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived