FSX Deluxe VS Acceleration

Benny

Hi guys, I bought the Cera sim UH 60L and it look like it won't ever work under Deluxe - SP2.

FSX Acceleration is needed. Stated on the product page but to be honest I thought they where the same (SP2 and Acc.).

After  A LOT of reading I need it! Unless there is some kind of patch somewhere.

Let's say that I find Acceleration (no luck so far locally), will it mean a fresh install of FSX (and my zillion payware)? For now I DON'T want to do so.

Thanks for any advice-input.

Ben

You should first uninstall SP2 from the control panel/programs and features - I hope you can see it there - after this you can install the Acceleration. SP2 and Acceleration can't go together. I read once at the MS website somewhere that it is a must to uninstall SP2 first.

I hope this helps

Spirit

SP2 is what it is, a Service Pack

Acceleration Pack adds some additional features to FSX (aircraft etc.) and SP2. Some addons need those additional functionality.

Best would be to ask the develeoper whether SP2 is sufficient.

You can get FSX Gold Edition (FSX Deluxe + Acceleartion Pack) at amazon for 20 USD.

You should first uninstall SP2 from the control panel/programs and features - I hope you can see it there - after this you can install the Acceleration. SP2 and Acceleration can't go together. I read once at the MS website somewhere that it is a must to uninstall SP2 first.

I hope this helps

Spirit

Thanks Spirit, that I understood. But does installing Acceleration mean a new install like stated above in my post.

Thanks again, it's that part that I don't understand. I own zillion of payware addon and NEVER Acceleration was needed.

I'll buy the Huey X and the Cara sim 222 that DON'T REQUIRE Acc but SP2.

Ben

Thanks Spirit, that I understood. But does installing Acceleration mean a new install like stated above in my post....

Hi Ben,

that would be only an update of your FSX if you can do it this way.

Spirit

Theoretically, FSX plus SP2 is supposed to be the same end result as FSX plus Acceleration... Minus some new airplanes. That was the official line from Aces (the old FSX developers).

That being said, I personally have noticed other differences, including some airport lighting that works perfectly with Acceleration, but not with SP2.

There's clearly a difference, even if the developers are not admitting to it :)

Personally, once I got Acceleration, I decided to ditch SP2 completely.

As for finding a copy of Acceleration, I would suggest Amazon... That's where I got my copy.

Copies of FSX GOLD (FSX+Acceleration) can be bought directly from Microsoft http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Edition-PC-Game/productID.253657900

In my opinion if you are still using FSX, then you might as well have the latest version of it, and yes there are some subtle differences between ACC and SP2

A clean install is highly recommended

First THANK YOU ALL! I have learned something today. And yes Tim I'm still using FSX???

Second, the UH-60L will stay in the hangar for now as I DON'T have time to do a... clean install because rig is working very nicely.

Just bought the Bell 222 from them and it's a nice bird. I should have read a bit more on the product page. My mistake I guess.

I'm just out of a 3 hours flight with the 222 over the new AMAZING Redding

Building a vid tonight.

Ben

Archived