ORBX!OpenLCXXXX Library positions....?!

Timmy74

Hi Guys,

Why is that the "ORBX!OPENLCxxxx" entries in the scenery library always get booted to the top of my Orbx entries every time I install the "Orbx freeware airport packs"....... ?????

I have been told that the "ORBX!OPENLCxxxx" enties should be after "Edwards Airforce base" (below the Orbx entries).  I do that, but it is becoming so annoying when I have to redo my insertion points every time I install an Orbx "Freeware airport pack"  

Should there not be something in the installer that stops this from happening?  

Kind regards.

Tim...

The installer runs the AddSceneryLibEntries.bat file post install (this happens with all airport & region addons) which then runs the FTXConfigurator.exe which adds the scenery library entries for those newly installed packages.

I will need to chat with Adrian if we can get the exe to ignore the openlc* entries and re-positioning them. 

Running the FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe will actually put the LC entries back below the FTX entries for you, so that will save some manual adjusting.

The installer runs the AddSceneryLibEntries.bat file post install (this happens with all airport & region addons) which then runs the FTXConfigurator.exe which adds the scenery library entries for those newly installed packages.

I will need to chat with Adrian if we can get the exe to ignore the openlc* entries and re-positioning them. 

Running the FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe will actually put the LC entries back below the FTX entries for you, so that will save some manual adjusting.

You little rippa Ed! Thank you so much for your response.

Kind regards.

Tim...

I tried doing the above and it put the LC tiles on top again. There must be a glitch as I have never had to deal with this before. Its usually load and go. Having the LC above ORBX causes all sorts of issues. If this can happen to me as I'm very careful I'm sure it is happening to others without them knowing. Thank you for looking into this. Josh

If OpenLC is the landclass than only thing that matters is to move it below airports and detailed sceneries installed. Everything else should not matter until full OPENLC release. But I confirm - got same issue with freeware airports pack. 

I followed the direction posted on the forums on how to set the insertion point to place the LC files just below Edwards Air Force Base and subsequent to that have installed numerous Global Airport Freeware Packs with no movement of the LC files they stay below all the FTX files as reqired.

Ed Correia, on 26 Feb 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Ed, I had the wrong ordering, too. Running FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe indeed fixed it. However, there should be measures to get the proper ordering automatically, as we can't expext all users to find this thread.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Hello Ralf,

I've found a possible solution. As the LC entries look fixed, it helps to set the Insertion Point to the first "ORBX!OPENLC_x" entry instead of e.g. "Edwards_AFB"

n5Gxf.jpg

But don't forget to correct this entry, if this problem is fixed by Orbx. ::)

Cheers,

Martin

Hello Ralf,

I've found a possible solution. As the LC entries look fixed, it helps to set the Insertion Point to the first "ORBX!OPENLC_x" entry instead of e.g. "Edwards_AFB"

n5Gxf.jpg

But don't forget to correct this entry, if this problem is fixed by Orbx. ::)

Cheers,

Martin

thank´s.

that entrys cause again trouble in nca,will try that...........

edit;

have try,but then tongasfjords are at the wrong place,so must wait for a fix,leave central now in hybrid,and do not change..........

• 3 months later...

Archived