FTX Global Freeware Airports NA Google Map (Packs 1-9)

CrownCityMisfit

Would it be helpful to have the airport codes visible on the map next to the locator icon?

If so, I would have to remove the full airport name from the main list on the left, and put it in the details window instead. That way, the long airport names won't clutter up the map. Personally,  I like having the full title in the main list on the left, not just the airport code. BUT, I like to see the airport codes on the map. Can only have one or the other  :-

Now that I think about it, you guys can edit the locators however you want? I don't think you can save the changes though. Hmmm.

Sorry, thinking out loud here...

EDIT: I figured it out so I can have both  ;D

Glad people are finding this as useful as I do!

Thanks but what about freeware stuff for the FTX regions ? Can you use them as well or vice versa ?

Michael

The green icons on this Orbx map represent the freeware you are talking about - https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zN74Q3IxoWWY.kXgvyHPsc5FM

I will keep it updated, so save the link if you wish. Please let me know if you notice any mistakes, omissions, or typos. Gracias.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zs_h86eTZITU.kJzuRfqhUy8k

Thanks a lot, BladderBoy!

Although I like the link to the maps engine, I would also like to have a KML/KMZ file of this airportset. Is this possible, can I do that myself maybe?

Although I like the link to the maps engine, I would also like to have a KML/KMZ file of this airportset. Is this possible, can I do that myself maybe?

I highlighted the button you can click to save the KML file. If you do not have this option available, I uploaded it HERE as well. Link expires in 14 days. Hope this helps. 

12681513313_79cecf6c27_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE Moderators:

Can this be a sticky post in one section were we can find it when we need it? I suggest “Flight Plans†or “Pilot’s-Loungeâ€

Otherwise please integrate it into Ed's map of all the Orbx-airports. Then we would have all airports at hand!

This map is really helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out, a bit late. Thanks a lot BladderBoy :) !

PLEASE Moderators:

Can this be a sticky post in one section were we can find it when we need it? I suggest “Flight Plans†or “Pilot’s-Loungeâ€

Otherwise please integrate it into Ed's map of all the Orbx-airports. Then we would have all airports at hand!

This map is really helpful!

Like DocBird said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived