Trim wheel

macca22au

I have Saitek trim wheel & would not recommend it.  tried to use through fsuip, & as soon as you turn wheel  fsx freezes & the only way to exit is to power off computer.  tried with fsx settings only --same result. this is probably my error somewhere, but you can only speak as you find.

regards.

Hey Robrooke,

after Windows started try to turn the trim wheel at about three times. You then should see the LED on your trim wheel go out for a second. As far as I understood Windows doesnt recognize your trim wheel from start up but you have to turn it three times to have it working. I think that the FSX freezes when Windows registers the trim wheel. I have a similar problem when unplugging and plugging in again a USB-Stuff during a FSX session.

Used that for many years and it works both in FSX and both P3d versions and Win 7 + Win 8.1. Of course the AP and everything else works very good.

+1 more on that one and love it as well. No issues whatsoever and it's a pretty straightforward set up!

+1 more on that one and love it as well. No issues whatsoever and it's a pretty straightforward set up!

[Multi-panel] Yes it works, but the 'trim wheel' is a rotary encoder, not a potentiomenter, and doesn't work as well as the proper trim wheel. In my experience rotary encoders can also read backwards if you spin them at particular speeds.

tried to use through fsuip, & as soon as you turn wheel  fsx freezes & the only way to exit is to power off computer

[Trim wheel] Never had anything like that. in my experience it works fine in FSX with FSUIPC. I haven't tried it in P3D.

Thanks very much for that, I will go ahead and buy the Saitek Cessna TW.  

Maybe indolence on my part, but my Saitek multipanel and radio panel have never worked in P3D v1 or 2.  Do I need new drivers?

I use Saitek panels in FSX and P3Dv2 without any driver from Saitek. If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC you can use the free SPAD (http://fstools.weebly.com/). SPAD has resolved all the problems I had with Saitek panels.

Ian,

Regarding Saitek trim wheel support

From the updated bug fix list on the Prepar3d V2 forum today:

Controls Related Issues Resolved

So anyone with Saitek gear running P3Dv2 should be sorted for compatability when the v2.05 patch comes out - hopefully this month according to todays update

@Jan Tenner

Thanks for the tip.. Got my Trim wheel yesterday, and fiddled with trying to activate it for about 15 minutes to no avail, then I remembered your post and gave it a big spin.. and bingo! up and running.. Lovin' it. Teecee.

Maybe indolence on my part, but my Saitek multipanel and radio panel have never worked in P3D v1 or 2.  Do I need new drivers?

You have to use SPAD and NOT the SAITEK drivers. Install SPAD, connect the panels and ............. it works, trust me I have them all working in P3D v2.

Have you put these in to your exe.xml file ?

..........................................................................................................

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe</Path> (Change this path to where you have SaiPanels.exe installed,if different from this)

<CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Saitek DirectOutput RadioStack</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path> (Change this path to where you have SaiFlightSimX.exe installed,if different from this)

<CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

.......................................................................................................................

If not,Panels will not start with the sim.You find exe.xml in: AppData/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2

SPAD is good drivers,but I have never used them and I have no problems with Saiteks own drivers and I have them all.

I have the Saitek Cessna trim wheel which is very nice when it works but it is a bit contrary, not working at times needing to be re-set and it doesn't seem to work with some aircraft. It really does seem to have a mind of its own...

And then I could bang on about the rudder pedals (Saitek)........... In short along with the Throttle quadrant I seem to frequently need to re-calibrate or re-set them, very frustrating.

Many thanks Hjerterknekt;

For whatever reason my installation did not generate an exe.xml file.  So I copied a saved file from FSX Roaming and my multipanel works again.

As for Amord I agree, calibration of the rudder pedals is a pain, a constant pain, in the derriere.

Saitek wheel is good here, the one on the pro panel works too but is too small to be useful and in wrong place ... occasionally my Saitek wheel wont be detected on boot but if i give it a couple of spins it is ... I consider this part of my pre flight check.

Archived