Uninstall Instructions

cassis87

Yes please. It s incredible they made this mistake again.

I am quite disappointed with how FTX Vector looks. I am missing lots of roads, shorelines, and the immersion as a whole as gone worse since installation of FTX Vector. I am considering a refund, but I would like to uninstall so I can continue flyin while giving you some time to sort things out. 

Why is there no uninstaller included AGAIN?

Is%20It%20Really%20Too%20Much%20to%20Ask

Erik

Orderno. FSS0256621

I have unchecked the "ORBX!VECTOR" item in my Scenery Library and that seems to have been enough to give me back the stock vector data, but I haven't looked at all the places I was having trouble with yet, and of course there is in all likelihood more to it than just that, and obviously this won't recover your disk space...

Heck its working great for me love how it looks , yes there are some issues like my home town airport is totally messed up but i put up a screen shot about it and they already fixed it and said it will be in the first patch comming soon . Its new and there will be bugs but if no one puts up screen shots about it and location where the errors are the can not fix it . 

Heck its working great for me love how it looks , yes there are some issues like my home town airport is totally messed up but i put up a screen shot about it and they already fixed it and said it will be in the first patch comming soon . Its new and there will be bugs but if no one puts up screen shots about it and location where the errors are the can not fix it . 

Great news indeed. Gotta Love This Hobby.  :)

I'm glad it's working for you. I'm sure that PILOT's will get things fixed in time, and this will become the de-facto new standard. However, at this time, I can't justify FS Global right now to get the full tested package. As such, I wish to correctly uninstall Vector until I can justify (both in cost for the mesh, and a bigger SSD) FS Global. I'm just as surprised as the OP that there is no uninstall instructions included with this product, hence my request.

Very disappointing indeed.......  ORBX's marketing made me buy this add-on  but performance aren't good here and looking at the list of bugs reported by users, I predict the team will empty all the chemists' Panadol stocks in a week !  This is definitely a completely buggy and unfinished add-on and this is the first time ORBS is disappointing me....  FTX Global is such a great piece of software....

i see people saying they just uncheck it in game under the scenery library and that worked for them , i agree i won't buy there mesh software at that price i would buy FSGenesis for $25 bucks if i could get confirmation that it would work .

There are two entries. One of them can not be disabled or FSX will not run. Most likely those people didn't see that second library insertion.

Hi all,

So far there hasn't been an uninstaller shipped with an Orbx product up until Global. The reason being that uninstallers can be messy and it is very easy to delete the self contained folders that make up regions, airports, and now Vector.

PILOT's may have further info on any straggler files but if you want to uninstall see here:

-Uncheck ORBX!VECTOR_AEC and ORBX!VECTOR

-Go to Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX and delete FTX_VECTOR and FTX_VECTOR_AEC

If you can't uncheck the ORBX!VECTOR_AEC folder you'll need to go to your scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, locate it's entry, and change "REQUIRED=TRUE" to "FALSE"

This should remove Vector from your simulator. Once the PILOT's team has clarified further steps for uninstallation I'll update my post with the new information.

Hi all,

So far there hasn't been an uninstaller shipped with an Orbx product up until Global. The reason being that uninstallers can be messy and it is very easy to delete the self contained folders that make up regions, airports, and now Vector.

PILOT's may have further info on any straggler files but if you want to uninstall see here:

-Go to Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX and delete FTX_VECTOR and FTX_VECTOR_AEC

If you can't uncheck the ORBX!VECTOR_AEC folder you'll need to go to your scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, locate it's entry, and change "REQUIRED=TRUE" to "FALSE"

This should remove Vector from your simulator. Once the PILOT's team has clarified further steps for uninstallation I'll update my post with the new information.

Alex,

Thank you. Appreciate the response.

Hi all,

Thank you Alex. This is crystal clear.

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the uninstall procedure however the file FTX_VECTOR_AEC says it is a required file and cannot be deleted.

Any clues on this one?

This part of Alex's instructions will help you with your issue:

Very disappointing indeed.......  ORBX's marketing made me buy this add-on  but performance aren't good here and looking at the list of bugs reported by users, I predict the team will empty all the chemists' Panadol stocks in a week !  This is definitely a completely buggy and unfinished add-on and this is the first time ORBS is disappointing me....  FTX Global is such a great piece of software....

Right there with you.  Very disappointed.  Orbx has completely reversed my loyalty with this trash. I bought all of the AU regions after they were established products and they were great so I went ahead and bought the NA regions as they were released.  I was impressed with the NA regions because even though they were buggy and required service packs, they were still flyable and looked great from day one. At that point, I would have recommended them to anybody.  But this?! I've spent more time trying to figure out how to get this garbage off my system and back to normal.  I assume that they will eventually get it fixed, but the current build would have been disappointing as a beta version.  I will be thinking long and hard about buying in the future.   

Archived