Australia & Asia

DDC

After visiting Australia a few times both on business and pleasure (and having two weeks vacation now) I went ahead and bought the Australia SP4 package as well as both Alice Springs and Cairns airports. Its nice! and its nice to spend some time outside of the USA and Canada and visit Australia virtually without worrying about some spiders, jellyfish, sharks, snakes, ostrich type bird that will impale you, or some other creature that will kill you in a nanosecond.

It would be nice if Orbx would consider an Asian destination. What about Japan which has a huge FSX following or some other tropical area such as Thailand, Malaysia or Singapore?

Enjoy your Christmas holidays all!

And I've been walking in the Australian bush for over 40 years and I've only ever come across two red-bellied blacks and they scurried off as soon as they saw me.  I've also come across a few tiger snakes and brown snakes on my bicycle and each time I've just stopped, waited for the snake to see me and depart.  A couple of times at a friend's property I was alerted to snakes in the vegetation but each time they disappeared as soon as they saw or felt my presence.

So, the moral is, even though we have many snakes and they are poisonous, in almost all cases if you don't approach them to investigate or to look, they'll cause you no more drama than any other passing animal :-)

The PNG Raw Grit scnery and airport collection is very good, but a "work over" by Orbx would be great. I have to also second the call for Japan. A very large virtual aviation base but it is almost impossible to find any detailed add ons for it.

Sent from my Mobile thing

After visiting Australia a few times both on business and pleasure (and having two weeks vacation now) I went ahead and bought the Australia SP4 package as well as both Alice Springs and Cairns airports. Its nice! and its nice to spend some time outside of the USA and Canada and visit Australia virtually without worrying about some spiders, jellyfish, sharks, snakes, ostrich type bird that will impale you, or some other creature that will kill you in a nanosecond.

It would be nice if Orbx would consider an Asian destination. What about Japan which has a huge FSX following or some other tropical area such as Thailand, Malaysia or Singapore?

Enjoy your Christmas holidays all!

+1

Asian Tropics or the Himalayan region would be one hell of a region if done as an FTX region! Not only would it add a new market base of Asian customers who'd buy and be hooked on any Orbx Asia scenery but many of the rest of us around the globe would buy them in a heartbeat to be able to fly and discover such amazing lands with some really unique geographic and geologic features! India (Imagine the giant Himalayan peaks and their glaciers and lakes, the forested foothills, the Indus and Ganges rivers and deltas and the 10 % of global population living along there floodplains, the cities and villages, the Rajasthan semi-desert, the Western and Eastern Ghats, the waterways of Kerala, the foodbelt of the Punjab 'Five Rivers' region in the north with its white city of Chandigarh close to the foothills of the world's tallest peaks), Burma (the jungles and mountains), Thailand (Imagine Phang Nga Bay in FTX), Malaysia (another tropical paradise like Thailand), Singapore (the amazing island city), Tibet (the great city of Lhasa and the huge 10,000 foot high plateau), Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam (those awesome towering giant limestone geological structures, rivers, jungles and beaches), China (the huge rivers, the great wall, the cities, the Himalayas again) and the islands and great island states such as Japan. So much to see and that can be really showcased for some seriously different but jaw-dropping discovery of scenery, surprises, landscapes that would be so perfectly exploited by the FTX region treatment as an FTX region product line. There's so much scope for some great Orbx showing off where its strengths lie...regions with some really serious geographic interest, populations centres and diversity! :smile: . And that's before you imagine the changing weather and climate factors that the weather engines bring in such as the monsoon, cyclones, tropical thunderstorms, snow in the mountains etc. etc...Perhaps one day, we might be astonished by such a spectacular FTX realisation! :D Obviously...its a tall order and perhaps even years away...but we can dream at least  :smile:

Hope you don't mind if I hitchhike along on that dream Sid!

Not at all Rob! :D The more the merrier my friend  :smile: By all means, get in...Lol! :lol:

Jump on board mate...there's plenty of room...and most importantly, I'd say by what's come so far from you guys,  the journey getting there will be a most splendid affair indeed...a great adventure for the years ahead...Onward driver...next stop 2014 and more new lands  :lol:

I have to also second the call for Japan. A very large virtual aviation base but it is almost impossible to find any detailed add ons for it.

I'm with you regarding Japan. That would be huge.

In fact, I would like to see ORBX just keep on expanding around the Pacific, and do for the Far East side of the Pacific what they have done for the West Coast of US and Canada. Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc. If not full fat regions, then I would love to see a really good assortment of FTX Global payware airports in those parts of the world.

Archived