PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible

Dieter

Good question. And what the differences are compare to there new Prepar3Dv2 Installer for DVD cutomers ?

I would like to  know if you have the answers. I have all the set of Pilot's products and installed it with the new installer without problems. But... There is some Airport flatten corections included in this new download set ? The guys form Pilots ssaid to me acouple of days before, that the purchased of FS Global Vector will  render the AFM tool unnecessary ? So, what are the connexion between all these products ?

Thanks

Michel

Hello,

I have to ask a very important question, at least for myself.

I have instaled right now just FTX Global and some addonscenerys and I really have to know: Should I uninstall FTX Global before install FS Global 2010 FTX Edition or can I just install FS Global 2010 FTX Edition now with my FTX Global ( patch 1.2 also instaled). And the answer is important becouse I will buy and install FTX Vector and FTX OpenLC as soon as its out.

Best Regards

Marius L.

Maybe someone "Official" of Orbx-Staff, FlightSimStore or Pilot's could give answers to our questions, please.

I wonder that this software wasn't announced as "released" here in the forum.

Users might be interested to buy this software, but we need some more informations before.

Good question. And what the differences are compare to there new Prepar3Dv2 Installer for DVD cutomers ?

I would like to  know if you have the answers. I have all the set of Pilot's products and installed it with the new installer without problems. But... There is some Airport flatten corections included in this new download set ? The guys form Pilots ssaid to me acouple of days before, that the purchased of FS Global Vector will  render the AFM tool unnecessary ? So, what are the connexion between all these products ?

Thanks

Michel

It is a good question Michel! The specifics really hasn't been spelled out clearly upto now and its making decisions difficult for some users who really want the most ideal, intended and up-to-date result possible, if possible utilising add-ons they already have but still willing to upgrade should that be the only way to get the BEST intended result.

Specifically...Is it true that if you already own Pilots' original GS GLOBAL 2010 Edition mesh, a purchase of FTX VECTOR will correct many airport elevations and render AFM unnecessary? I have never seen this specific question be specifically and clearly answered at Pilots or Orbx in the forums yet. Only a more vague answer that 'all mesh will work with vector', which does not specifically address this question and help a lot of folk out with their decisions because they want a result which means they'll no longer need to use AFM to correct elevations largely as they currently do with the original FS GLOBAL 2010. If anyone could answer this it would help a lot of folk out before they install the upcoming VECTOR. I think we only want to know which product, Vector (FS or FTX) or FS Global 2010 or only FS Global 2010 FTX EDITION, will largely correct airport elevations, so we can set things up ideally without messing about? Really would help out a lot and be widely appreciated if we could get some info please... :smile:

Does a combo of FS Global 2010 original release and FTX/FS Vector correct the airport elevations? Or will this only happen with FS Global 2010 FTX Edition and FTX/FS Vector? If it is vector that does this, is it either FS Vector or FTX Vector?

Thank you guys :smile:

Sid

Yep, that's what I'm unclear about. I have over the years accumulated boxed editions of FSG 2005, 2008, 2010, and all 3 Ultimates. (2005 and 2008 not in use anymore).

Pilots site is not very clear on comparing 2010, 2010 FTX Edition and the Ultimates, especially as relates to airport elevation issues. Personally I'd rather have 2010 with minimal airport elevation issues than the Ultimates with a plethora of them. But that's just me.

Yes I know the AFM can help with that but it's not always visually successful, (my experience). I prefer a slightly overdone elevation to surrounding an airport on a flat pancake several miles in diameter as when you get to the pancakes edges the adjacent terrain elevation jumps up or down drastically.

What I like best about FSGlobals stuff is that it makes scenery library entries automatically when it installs making turning regions on and off easy as when I want to fly an Orbx Region with hand massaged mesh.

I have instaled right now just FTX Global and some addonscenerys and I really have to know: Should I uninstall FTX Global before install FS Global 2010 FTX Edition or can I just install FS Global 2010 FTX Edition now with my FTX Global ( patch 1.2 also instaled). And the answer is important becouse I will buy and install FTX Vector and FTX OpenLC as soon as its out.

Hi Marius,

I am just a customer like you, not an official of any kind, but this is what I know about it:

FTX Global is a texture replacement, while FS Global is mesh replacement. So you can install them separate and independent from each other. I got them both and they work fine.

Vector and Landclass are yet another two different products that can be installed later without uninstalling the FTX and FS Global products.

It is explained very well here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/

Hi Marius,

I am just a customer like you, not an official of any kind, but this is what I know about it:

FTX Global is a texture replacement, while FS Global is mesh replacement. So you can install them separate and independent from each other. I got them both and they work fine.

Vector and Landclass are yet another two different products that can be installed later without uninstalling the FTX and FS Global products.

It is explained very well here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/

Hej Eric and thanks for info.

I readed that thread many times and I understand what is all about but just to be sure I asked again the best order for instalation.

Best regards

Marius L.

Hi,

apart from being really disappointed with the 3 FS Global Ultimates (120 €) (and I'm actually biting my nails after having presented my old FSGlobal 2010 to a friend of mine, I had to correct a lot of airports elevations with AFM;. I've currently have installed FSG Ultimates + FTX Gloabl

+ FTX specific areas (i.e. Australia, NZ, and all the American Western coast).

Greetings to all,

Fulvio

Hi Marius,

Hej Eric and thanks for info.

I readed that thread many times and I understand what is all about but just to be sure I asked again the best order for instalation.

Best regards

Marius L.

Hi Marius,

Just to give you further confidence not to hesitate, Erik is absolutely 100% correct in everything he says. Don't worry at all about the install order between FTX Global and FS Global mesh. It will work the same either way and does not matter in the slightest which order you install these 2 add-ons. Go ahead and install them in either order as they do not affect each other in any way.

Now, when it comes to the FTX Global series of products (not the independent mesh), I would personally advise you to install those 3 products in the following order:

1. FTX Global BASE
  2. FTX Global VECTOR
  3. FTX Global OPEN LC

I would install your FS Global Mesh either directly before or directly after FTX Global Base personally. It will work perfectly either way my friend. Hope that helps clarify further and puts you at ease. Go ahead and enjoy it...you will not regret anything :smile:

Kind regards,

Sid

Hi Marius,

Just to give you further confidence not to hesitate, Erik is absolutely 100% correct in everything he says. Don't worry at all about the install order between FTX Global and FS Global mesh. It will work the same either way and does not matter in the slightest which order you install these 2 add-ons. Go ahead and install them in either order as they do not affect each other in any way.

Now, when it comes to the FTX Global series of products (not the independent mesh), I would personally advise you to install those 3 products in the following order:

1. FTX Global BASE

FTX Global VECTOR

FTX Global OPEN LC

I would install your FS Global Mesh either directly before or directly after FTX Global Base personally. It will work perfectly either way my friend. Hope that helps clarify further and puts you at ease. Go ahead and enjoy it...you will not regret anything :smile:

Kind regards,

Sid

Thanks Sid, that helps !!!

I will instal FS Global 2010 FTX Edition now and then, when it will be released FTX Vector and offcourse FTC OpenLC Eu(first) in february. 

Thanks for advice and best regards

Marius L.

Hi,

apart from being really disappointed with the 3 FS Global Ultimates (120 €) (and I'm actually biting my nails after having presented my old FSGlobal 2010 to a friend of mine, I had to correct a lot of airports elevations with AFM;. I've currently have installed FSG Ultimates + FTX Gloabl

+ FTX specific areas (i.e. Australia, NZ, and all the American Western coast).

Greetings to all,

Fulvio

I recently bought all 3 of the Pilot's FS Global Ultimate mesh products for $180 and this is the second forum post I've seen where someone criticizes the product, which really concerns me.  180 dollars is a *lot* of money for any software and I expect it to be of the highest quality.

Would you elaborate on why you are really disappointed with it?

Thanks a lot.

Somebody who has installed "PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible" already could you please tell us the total amount this software allocates on harddisk after installing.

I will try to do this toight, when I am home from work. I have had FS Global 2010 FTX Edition installed for about three weeks now with NO issues. Not sure exactly how much space it ended up taking, but I will check.

Yes of course, 31.2 gb.. This is the download version. I am still waiting for the CDs. Also there seemed to be numerous download errors. Perhaps the true number will be higher. Although everything seems to work fine, several parts of the download did not open correctly. Downloaded it twice with same errors in same sections of part four and five. I will let you know final results when the cd set arrives.

I will try to do this toight, when I am home from work. I have had FS Global 2010 FTX Edition installed for about three weeks now with NO issues. Not sure exactly how much space it ended up taking, but I will check.

Okay, so I checked my install size of FS Global 2010 FTX Edition and it is 23.2 GB.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused now. Reading above I find two different numbers: 31.2 and 23.2 GB.

What is correct? I'm only asking for installation size,

not download size, which should be: Note: The download file size for this product is 22.9GB

according to FlighSim Store.

Thanks Sid, that helps !!!

I will instal FS Global 2010 FTX Edition now and then, when it will be released FTX Vector and offcourse FTC OpenLC Eu(first) in february. 

Thanks for advice and best regards

Marius L.

Thanks Sid for your input,

Michel

You're most welcome Marius and Michel :smile: Always happy to help if and when I can. I'm just glad it helped. What's great about the Orbx forums is there's always so many nice people ready to help each other out, with a lot less sarcasm and immaturity than some venues. As a community should be :D . I personally owe thanks to BradB above, who pointed me to the original Vector announcement article and helped clarify some things for me, if things still indeed stand as the original Vector announcement. It helped clarify half my questions, which I appreciate. Good luck and enjoy guys...mesh makes all the difference in the world and with corrected airport elevations in Vector, I don't think we'll be able to fly without them again :D

All the best again guys,

Sid

Sorry, I'm a bit confused now. Reading above I find two different numbers: 31.2 and 23.2 GB.

What is correct? I'm only asking for installation size,

not download size, which should be: Note: The download file size for this product is 22.9GB

according to FlighSim Store.

Yep, I understand your confusion with that info, but my INSTALL size is 23.2 GB. That was taken from the folder where it is installed on my FSX SSD. The files that I downloaded are stored in a separate folder, on a separate HDD, on a separate computer, so I am not mistaking them. My install size of FS Global 2010 FTX Edition SI 23.3 GB. Not sure why the other gentleman has a different number to report. Maybe there were options during the install process that he selected and I didn't, although I can't think of any. I did not exclude any parts of the world, since now with FTX Global I can fly anywhere and have decent scenery. Not sure what else to tell you my friend :)

I downloaded FTX Global 2010 FTX Edition yesterday. Took a couple of hours. Extracted ok. Not yet installed. Really looking forward to it and will provide the basis for Vector when that is released. And then, finally, I'll be 'able' to continue my world trip, though I may swap to another aircraft since the RV4 and RV7 seem to be fighting each other for FSX supremacy! :)

Archived