New toy...Dash-8 from Seattle to Missoula

GroovyMotion

Well, after 10 hours of video tutorials I finally made my second flight with full instruments with FMS and LNAV/VNAV and this second flight could not have been smoother!! This is the first time I can show my new toy because the first flight was in default FSX scenery for practice!

Tonight I went from KSEA to KMSO at a cruise of FL250 with ground speed of 360 with a crosswind up to 20kts and half of the flight with 3 ticks of right rudder! :o

The only worry I got is halfway through, I could not set the VNAV it would tell me there was no waypoint altitude! Took me about 15min to figure out what was wrong but by that time I decided to start my descent...when I realized that I was too far off from my TOD which is why VNAV would not work! After that the AP had full control and I disconnected the AP on final...with a perfect landing! :D

Oh! A little note, FSX never even thought of having a hiccup!! It's incredible how smooth and stable it is on my system!!

MVPiA.jpg

Ground power...I learned something interesting, most Q400 pilots never use the APU because it's terrible, so they just start the engines before pushback!

IlZFu.jpg

Leaving KSEA

l8qM.jpg

And off we climb!

jiqgw.jpg

PXalM.jpg

6UgCL.jpg

quite a crosswind for that aircraft!

MyBcI.jpg

7IkwR.jpg

On final, time to disconnect the AP and land this puppy!

b7Yez.jpg

And touchdown!

0eYRf.jpg

Need some ground power...where is the fuel truck I requested?

Congratulations on Your first flight with this great plane Jean Francois!

And: Super great shots here!

Looking forwrad to a many more "dashing" shots from Yours now!

Great!

And just in case:

A quick, but quite helpful "DASH-VNAV-Guide" can also be found here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405850-quick-little-tutorial-for-those-in-trouble-with-vnav-descents/?p=2651520

Cheers, Christoph

Thanks Dreamer!

You have the Q400? check out this one:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjSJveYgAMc

There's also froogle:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5jqMQxNsnE

and

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkOc2gIS_s8

but the first one is by far the best one...I checked others but if you really want to learn how an airline operates then the first one is a must! It's 4 hours but definitely worth it!

Smashing shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Lain!

Very good shots, would love to see Missoula get the full Orbx treatment!

Now to watch that 4 hour video...

Oh yes me too!

Good luck with the video...remember the guy is using his mouse a LOT and he's fiddling with screens so much that your going to think that the audio is out os sync! :lol:

Just watched the whole 4 hour tutorial on my Ipad at work! Lots of information and I enjoyed watching it. Those Horizon guys climb at 240 knots! I have been using the airline2sim checklists but most of the procedures are similar, but they climb at 200 knots until ten thousand and then change to pitch hold at 5 degrees until reaching cruise altitude. Speed usually drops off to about 180 knots by cruise altitude but it works well for me.. Interesting they had some fmc nav issues on approach as I get them, I thought the new update to 1.008 had fixed it but I had some issues on the WITTI ONE STAR into Anchorage this afternoon! Still a wonderful aircraft though and I am sure all the issues will get sorted.

Just watched the whole 4 hour tutorial on my Ipad at work! Lots of information and I enjoyed watching it. Those Horizon guys climb at 240 knots! I have been using the airline2sim checklists but most of the procedures are similar, but they climb at 200 knots until ten thousand and then change to pitch hold at 5 degrees until reaching cruise altitude. Speed usually drops off to about 180 knots by cruise altitude but it works well for me.. Interesting they had some fmc nav issues on approach as I get them, I thought the new update to 1.008 had fixed it but I had some issues on the WITTI ONE STAR into Anchorage this afternoon! Still a wonderful aircraft though and I am sure all the issues will get sorted.

Archived