FTX Ireland Points of Interest

Martin Reiffer

We're working hard behind the scenes to make FTX Ireland as realistic as possible.

This is a list of the upcoming POIs outside Dublin. Of course we cannot build every pub of local fame ;) but if you believe we missed a major tourist attraction please let us know here.

Ardmore Round Tower

Ardmore.jpg

Blarney Castle

Blarney.jpg

Brownshill Dolmen

Brownshill.jpg

Charles Fort

CharlesFort.jpg

Glendalough Round Tower

Glendalough.jpg

Grianan of Aileach

Aileach.jpg

Knowth

Knowth.jpg

Newgrange

Newgrange.jpg

Trim Castle

Trim.jpg

University College Cork

Cork.jpg

Bunratty Castle

Bunratty.jpg

Ashford Castle

Ashford.jpg

Holy Cross Abbey

HolyCross.jpg

Any thought to doing the famous Irish links golf courses as "linksland" rather than "parkland with trees"? This feature would require a bit of texture work, of course. But it might give the poor golfers something to admire. [And, if you like, you could migrate those textures to the famous seaside courses in England and Scotland.] Just a touch of charm...

will the islands off the west coast be represented, there are several.

There a couple of features on the approach to dublin rwy 28, howth headland with the baily lighthouse, more importantly the pigeon house power station with chimneys (a definite landmark). The pheonix park wellington monument and the cross. Glassnevin cemetry that also has a round tower (a memorial).

Croke park is a must, the aviva less so.

a general question, are off coast lighthouses identified in orbx scenery.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, because by and large I think there are some great models in there, but I'd recommend giving Holy Cross Abbey another art pass or something - it doesn't seem to render very nice in that shot and looks like it'd stand out quite a bit in a glaring fashion.  The model looks great, but the textures don't seem quite right to me there.

Please don't take this as overly harsh criticism - it's sometimes hard to convey the right tone when all you have is words.

-stefan

Hi all,

If the Rock of Cashel is not in, it would be worth including. Some years back, the Red Bull Races were based there for one round.

Again this may have been included, but one of the iconic things about Dublin (no irony intended) is what is called locally the Pigeon House - actually Poolbeg power station, but a landmark on the way into Dublin airport. In the city centre on one of the main streets (O'Connell Street), is the Millennium Tower, known locally as the Spike.

Down my way, beside the Lakes of Killarney is Ross Castle, recently renovated, and near to that Muckross House and Gardens.

Just a few start off with.

Eamonn Shanahan

EIKY

If and when I have the time I'll be happy to add more POIs to already released EU regions and to my favourite cities, London and Edinburgh, in particular. ;) But please bear with me, designing POIs takes time...

That being said I'm happy to announce the second POI from our customers' wishlist: O'Brien's Tower at the Cliffs of Moher.

post-2359-0-70158600-1385072880_thumb.jp

Hi Martin,

Great image of Carrickfergus Castle there. :)  :)

Would it be possible for you to add a few other Northern Ireland POI's for the up coming patch.

I posted previously in another post,but that seems to have faded. :(

1) Kilroot Power Station, Situated approx 2 miles East of Carrickfergus Castle on the same shore.

I know this has already been inserted into the the scenery but it looks a little lost to be honest.

41685419-1.jpg

images.jpg

untitled.png

2) Knockagh War Memorial,again on the same side of Belfast Lough as the Castle & Power Station on high ground looking down over

the lough & the Castle.

imagesCABB74SG.jpg

391093972_dea201656f_z.jpg

untitled-4.png

Looking down from the Memorial towards the Castle & Power station.

1323182502_f99621e52a_z.jpg

3) Whitehead Lighthouse, located at the very end of the Northerly coastline of Belfast lough.

untitled-3.png

Gallery_20_large.jpg

4)Scrabo Tower (Just N/W of Newtownards Airfield)

untitled-1.png

untitled-2.png

imagesCA6BXTSM.jpg

5) Finally, a new Wind Farm consisting of 6 Wind Turbines has recently been completed & is something that would be

quite noticeable.Standing approx 10 miles on the approach to Rwy25 at Belfast International.  See Link

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63580-a-wee-request-for-northern-ireland/?hl=%2Bnorthern+%2Bireland

Hopefully you can look at these POI's & they will make the upcoming patch. :)

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul you beat me to it, well posted, if Martin and the team could include those POI s it would be great. The present Kilroot power station seems to be missing the large tower.....Belfast Lough has so many POI it looks a bit bare but thanks to Martin with Carrickfergus Castle it's getting there :)

Archived