A "Wee" request for Northern Ireland

paulg183

Hi John,

Well,Northern Ireland purchased,downloaded & my first impression was WOW,what a transformation. :o

Never thought I would ever see "Home" reproduced for FSX in such quality & detail,a very big Thank you & well done to you & all the team.

I did see something on the forum, mentioning that a patch was going to be made available for POI's

that were not in the iniatial release.

Could I ask, would it be possible to list the items you have planned to be included in the release.

One other thing I noticed,the two radio masts on Divis/Black Mountain to the NW of Belfast City Airport,don't appear to be illuminated at night.

This would be a nice feature if it could be included, for when flying 

under Special VFR conditions.

The masts each have four flashing lights, arranged in a vertical profile.

For me. this would just put the finishing touches to an already fantastic scenery. 8)  8)

Many Thanks,

Paul.

Just a couple more finds.

I noticed this raised area. about 10 miles out from EGAA inbound Rwy 25 doesn't look right to me.

FSX-2013-aug-25-032-Copy.jpg

Also around this area,just as you turn left to to intercept the Loc for Rwy 25 EGAA (See Coordinates in Screenshot)  there is a wind farm consisting of seven wind turbines,would it be possible to

include this in the release patch. :wub:

FSX-2013-aug-25-029-1.jpg

FSX-2013-aug-25-024.jpg

FSX-2013-aug-25-027.jpg

Finally,a screen shot of one of the two masts I mentioned in the original post.

FSX-2013-aug-25-001-Copy.jpg

Hopefully these issues can be looked at and corrected. ^-^

Many thanks,

Paul.

Hi guys,

Am lining up to buy NIR and wanted some thoughts from you guys who have it already; what are your impressions?  I can see that the landclass, textures and autogen are outstanding, but given that it has no mesh, and very few POIs I wondered if either of you have flown over the Giant's Causeway or the Mourne Mountains and would have some screenshots?  Also, the NIR page says that many of Northern Ireland landmarks are included, but I don't really see any in the preview screenshots - which ones have you come across?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My impression, both from the manual and my early flights out and around, is that NIR is Detail Heaven for VFR flight.

While I'm sure not every single VFR landmark in NIR is present, seems like a lot of them are! You can navigate by roads, towers, and smaller landmarks. The big, showy stuff more prevalent in other releases has been superseded here by a lot of much more intricate work, which makes low and slow flying a real blast.

Belfast looks beautiful at night, as well, and the shorelines are subtle and very realistic looking.

Get some VFR charts and plan some flying via the info detailed out on those, that's the best way to fly this scenery. It is a very pleasant and relaxing low-and-slow experience!

Can you add Samson and Goliath to Belfast?, this is one of the most famous landmarks in Northern Ireland, they are the two huge Cranes at the Harland and Wolfe ship yard,  it would be a bit like not having the Eiffel Tower in Paris or the Colosseum in Rome.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3tpUuq32lA

Thanks.

Just a couple of locations if it would be possible to add POI:

Kilroot Power Station:

Scrabo Tower at Newtownards airfield (EGAD)

Carrickfergus Castle:

Really enjoying Northern Ireland, Great work Guys... Much appreciated

regards

Joe

Archived