Interest in Iceland Payware airports

Mac_Maddog88

Aye.

Iceland is by far the best freeware scenery in the history of Flight Sim. Period. Think of all those who will be able to use this scenery and get an idea of the quality of ORBX. We are very privileged, and the generosity of the ORBX team has gone even further than "above and beyond". You guys are brilliant, hats off to ya!

I was thinking after seeing Reykjavik, what else could the ORBX team do with Iceland in the future?

Releasing some payware airports would be a dream come true, specifically, Isafjordur. I would standard price of $30 to see this airport remade, even very basic if necessary.

I have to say, ORBX's rendition of Iceland far outshines that of Aerosoft. However, Aerosoft has recreated many of Iceland's airports or added custom objects. If ORBX could do this, release payware Iceland airports, a few packages of them, or heck, even a freeware package of just a few of Iceland's airports, I'd be even more pleased with Iceland than I already am. 

Ever since I found ORBX, there has been more of a demand for better scenery, better airports. You want to feel like you're really in the real world, flying a real plane. ORBX has accomplished this amazingly, praise to them.

Just keep it up ORBX, keep doing what you've done. Your scenery is the best.

I still can't wrap my mind around how awesome it is to get, and let's face it, a whole region for free, with all the new tech too! Amazing.

Hats off Orbx. Keep it up.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

I was shocked, pulling up to the parking at Reykjavik, to see people-flow. 

Man, Iceland sure is going to provide some entertainment for awhile. Funny there's not much to really see, but in the same sense, there's so much to see. 

It'll be a fun few weeks, lets put it that way.

I've posted elsewhere but I'll repeat that you can think of Iceland as a nice sandbox to add community freeware to.

Do you think there would be demand for Orbx to make a payware airport? If there is we'll serious look to doing it for sure.

I'll see if someone on the team can do a feasibility on making Isafjordur as a budget payware release, how does that sound?

I will also see if Neil wants to do a quick airports upgrade for the other strips.

I've posted elsewhere but I'll repeat that you can think of Iceland as a nice sandbox to add community freeware to.

Do you think there would be demand for Orbx to make a payware airport? If there is we'll serious look to doing it for sure.

I'll see if someone on the team can do a feasibility on making Isafjordur as a budget payware release, how does that sound?

I will also see if Neil wants to do a quick airports upgrade for the other strips.

Wow.

It's amazing how quick you really got back with me there! 

Very good that you take this into consideration, you listen to your community's feedback. Traits of an amazing company. 

An airports upgrade would too also be a joy. The default FSX buildings at Isafjordur look to be floating a meter or two off the ground. 

As for community freeware, it would be something else to see people contribute to Iceland the same way they have to Australia, especially now that every simmer has an easy chance to do so.

Hello Mr Venema,

There are already some good freeware Icelandic airports.

Aerosoft have already done a good payware version of the largest, Keflavik.

However, you have probably introduced a new clientele to Iceland and perhaps thus created your

own demand.

Thank you for this free offering which I see includes a much better quality mesh than I have

previously seen, free or payware.

It is easy to see the dramatic improvement over default FSX scenery, which was particularly bad in Iceland.

I, for one will be very interested in the progress of this project, particularly when it reaches South America.

Regards,

Nick.

The beauty of ORBX and Aerosoft that they compliment each other.  ORBX doesn't really like taking on big airports and Aerosoft seems to gravitate to them.  And they seem to fit together well enough, as we have seen in Anchorage.

Isafjordur has been done, but not as a stand-alone airport.  It is part of Iceland X by Aerosoft.  It may not meet ORBX standards, but it isn't bad and you do get all 40 airfields, save the big one at Kef.  So you would have to do a couple payware version and maybe throw the rest in for free.  Or sell them as a package or maybe in two packages.

EDIT:  Isafjordur is also currently under development by Sim720. Check their website.

EDIT:  Isafjordur is also currently under development by Sim720. Check their website.

Ahh well. It looks by the picture I see to be promising. Check another airport off the list. If all goes well, we may get a few Iceland airfields from ORBX, which as always will be top notch. Looking forward to the future, it looks to hold many great things!  ^-^

John

I think you guys should've gave Iceland the whole full-fat region treatment and flogged it off to us at the normal price point.  We'd have paid it. 

I can no longer stand the idea of an ORBX region that I do not own.

Mark

John

I think you guys should've gave Iceland the whole full-fat region treatment and flogged it off to us at the normal price point.  We'd have paid it. 

I can no longer stand the idea of an ORBX region that I do not own.

Mark

What is it about Iceland? It just holds me captive in a way none of the other regions have.. It must be the unique prospect of island hopping in freezing conditions. After using this addon, I wish I could take my skymaster up there..

Neil quality cleanup of the 8 or so other airports would knock this demo out of the park!

C.

ORBX really did knock it out of the park with this one.  I spent quite a few hours flying around Iceland while having Plan G ( with google earth type view) going.   I kept finding myself saying "no way", "wow", "really?".   Using REX for weather and cloud textures I couldn't find a season that wasn't a joy to go exploring in.

I understand Ripcord's feelings about it being a full, fat FTX region, but afterall, this is a demo of what you can expect for the whole world.......coming to you in the next months.  I'm glad it's being phased in over time as it gives me time to explore.  Can't wait to see the new Global Vector program and then the gradual rollout of LC packs.  It's a great time to be a simmer.   :-)

A few shots from the Iceland Demo

AuxWj.jpg

iDUdt.jpg

KEoe.jpg

The beauty of ORBX and Aerosoft that they compliment each other.  ORBX doesn't really like taking on big airports and Aerosoft seems to gravitate to them.  And they seem to fit together well enough, as we have seen in Anchorage.

Isafjordur has been done, but not as a stand-alone airport.  It is part of Iceland X by Aerosoft.  It may not meet ORBX standards, but it isn't bad and you do get all 40 airfields, save the big one at Kef.  So you would have to do a couple payware version and maybe throw the rest in for free.  Or sell them as a package or maybe in two packages.

I just looked at Isafjordur in Google streetview.  The runway is right next to the road and the Google camera even caught a plane in the pattern :)

Nice topography for scenic flying.

I understand Ripcord's feelings about it being a full, fat FTX region, but afterall, this is a demo of what you can expect for the whole world.......coming to you in the next months.  I'm glad it's being phased in over time as it gives me time to explore.  Can't wait to see the new Global Vector program and then the gradual rollout of LC packs.  It's a great time to be a simmer.   :-)

Not really a strong feeling, so much as an observation.  Even though I already have Iceland X, for reasons I cannot fully explain myself, I would have paid for a full-fat Iceland FTX region.  It does not mean that I am in any way disappointed with this free demo.  It is effective in showing us all what Vector is about, isn't it? 

Those harbor shots look pretty much hand-placed to me -- hard to imagine Vector will do this everywhere in the world.  Hope so.

Archived