3 A380's At Auckland Airport

greybeard

Just watched ( on flight radar24 )  3 Airbus A380's arrive at Auckland very close together. I hope all the customs guys have had  there lunch or progress through the terminal could be a bit slow.

All came from Dubai with one via Sydney one via Melbourne and one via Brisbane. The arrival times were 13-25, 13-30 and 13-40. All Emirates Airlines They have had three of these here before but I don't think so close together. Must have been quite a site.

Cheers, Kevin

Just watched ( on flight radar24 )  3 Airbus A380's arrive at Auckland very close together. I hope all the customs guys have had  there lunch or progress through the terminal could be a bit slow.

All came from Dubai with one via Sydney one via Melbourne and one via Brisbane. The arrival times were 13-25, 13-30 and 13-40. All Emirates Airlines They have had three of these here before but I don't think so close together. Must have been quite a site.

Cheers, Kevin

They all come is same time every day Kevin. Third one operating via Brisbane started operating 02 October, prior to that it was operated by a B777-300.

Cheers, Kevin

edited

These are daily flights from Dubai to Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. They come in in the morning and return in the evening. Emirates could have the aircraft sit on the ground all day as other airlines do or pick up a little trade by going to Auckland and back. I suppose there must be sufficient custom to justify the flight rather than leaving the aircraft idle.

. I suppose there must be sufficient custom to justify the flight rather than leaving the aircraft idle.

These are also code share flights with QF so that helps to fill them. Many years ago UA ran their 747 AKL-MEL-AKL rather than sit it on the ground in AKL & apparently the break-even point to cover the cost difference between sitting & running to MEL was something like 150 bodies on each leg.

• 2 weeks later...

There has been over the last 12months or so alot of resource consents put forward for mining in northland, far north island between kerikeri and kaitaia, aerial surveying has been going on quite a bit out of kerikeri airport, not sure if its been made full known to public yet, it will mean a sortage of workers as most of us kiwis are over in oz, just like in the christchurch rebuild NZ had to reachout to the world for workers, the same goes for the planned mining.

Paul

Archived