How is it guys?

Andrew 737

Had some minor issues, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying this aircraft. It's the best GA addon plane I have ever bought and would probably only be beaten by A2A next release 8) My first flight lasted 2 hours without autopilot and I didn't even get bored!(would normally never fly this long in a slow GA in FSX).

Had some minor issues, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying this aircraft. It's the best GA addon plane I have ever bought and would probably only be beaten by A2A next release 8) My first flight lasted 2 hours without autopilot and I didn't even get bored!(would normally never fly this long in a slow GA in FSX).

Thanks mate

I will go buy :)

Guys it's incredible. I just did a flight from cold and dark to complete shutdown with a mate and the attention to detail is superb.

Imho one of the best aircraft releases of the year, you really have to spend time learning it, and it's perfect for exploring Orbx scenery.

Price seems to be too high for this kind of aircraft. I'll wait and see what the upcoming RealAir C172 has to offer and what it will cost. 

Wolfgang

couldn't disagree more.....nobody has ever done a 172 to this level of detail.

How ist the performance regarding frames per second compared to the FSX C172?

Thanks for your answer in advance, Fritz

Hi Fritz!

What are Your system specs?

I am asking just in case because ovarall and by judging from the A2A planes in my hangar and various reports on the internet regarding this super looking C172, in particular, i dare saying that overall there is almost absolutely no need to worry about performance at all!

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a super smooth performing aircraft!

But i am sure one of the lucky owners out here can answer more properly.

;)

With my system I have no issues with performance whatsoever. Just make sure you do a defrag after installation and you should be all set.

Of course with the super detailed cockpit, if you combine it with a high demand scenery then naturally it will bring performance down a bit, but it's mostly smooth right though.

How ist the performance regarding frames per second compared to the FSX C172?

Thanks for your answer in advance, Fritz

Hi Fritz,

with my low end system (check the signature below), in 1920X1080, terrain radius very high, mesh 10 meters, textures 30cm, autogen spec Extremly dense / dense, water 2X + REX + UT2, on Spokane airport i reach between 17 and 22 fps, in air over the cities between 22 and 27 fps (and smooth flight, no freeze, no memory error). If someone tells me that he's got low perfs, that's because the graphic options are already setted too high at the beguining, or that he's got a computer lower than mine ;)

With my system I have no issues with performance whatsoever. Just make sure you do a defrag after installation and you should be all set.

Of course with the super detailed cockpit, if you combine it with a high demand scenery then naturally it will bring performance down a bit, but it's mostly smooth right though.

DO NOT Defrag Your SSD!!.....you will scrap the data in it.

Only to be use with HDD :)

Got It, Tried It, Love It

1.) It's actually a flyable C172!

2.) No Perf hit on my system

3.) Love the 'Accu-Sim' bells and Whistles

4.) I Recomend It

5.) Hmmm... Go buy a load of Orbx Scenery to fly it over!!!

It needs a few updates but I betcha they will be coming soon enough - Enjoy Everyone

Thanks for the Feedback too :)

couldn't disagree more.....nobody has ever done a 172 to this level of detail.

A2A AccuSim planes are not cheap, but the simulation is a lot more detailed than your average FS addon.

I agree, this is a great GA add-on. It's a true trainer, too. Installed in P3D and .... Just wow! It's worth $50.

Todd

Glenn,

I think you got me wrong, because my statement was a bit misleading. I can imagine believe you that A2A created the best C172 simulation for a computer flightsim so far.  I have their Piper Cub and it is stunning.

With “this kind of plane†I did not mean the A2A 172 per se but was referring to a single engine GA aircraft in general. Please don’t get me wrong again, I love GA aircraft. Most of my flying in FSX is with GA aircraft.

But you will admit that developing a single engine GA aircraft will take much less effort and time than e. g. developing a complex tube liner. The more if it is a rather simple GA aircraft (in real world terms) like the C172 is, which doesn’t even have a constant speed propeller.

A tube liner has so many more systems to be modelled, not only engine wise, just think of the complex autopilot, the flight managing system etc. Also the flight dynamics of such a big aircraft are much more complex to simulate. So I think US$ 50.00 for a C172 compared with US$ 55.00 for the iFly 737 (which includes even lots of different models) or with US$ 59.00 for the PMDG NGX is just too much, no matter how good the C172 is simulated.

BTW the Orbx Lancair IV-P costs only US$ 23.00. And the Lancair is a bit more complex than the C172 is.

So I hope I could clarify my point of view.

Cheers, Wolfgang

BTW the Orbx Lancair IV-P costs only US$ 23.00. And the Lancair is a bit more complex than the C172 is.

It may be more complex in real life, but in the SIM it isn't complex at all compared to the A2A 172. Keep in mind how long A2A has been working on this plane and how much it simulates compared to other GA addons. I think the price is very fair. Orbx Lancair IV-P only simulates the flying charecteristics of the real thing, A2A simulates that + wear and tear on the plane and engine and even down to the freaking spark plugs and oil visconsity. So I gladly pay 30 more bucks to get all that 8)  

I have come to a point where I don't buy planes that doesn't go this deep, not paying anymore just to have a pretty thing to look at but without soul... No GA addons have ever come this close to feel like the real thing, when Im in a A2A plane I feel like flying, when in a e.g carenado I feel like Im sitting infront of a computer looking at pretty textures. That's how I feel ::)

I just bought it from A2A as FSS don't have it yet.  Haven't flown it yet.  That's because I've only had it for a few minutes.  And I should read the manual first.  But will I?  Or will I do the usual thing and barge in and worry about the details later.  What would you do?

Wolfgang,

There is a 2 part video series by A2A on what you get with the C172 trainer and what it is capable of. I think you'll be impressed. It isn't just a fun accurate model of a 172. It's like owning a virtual airplane. For example, the Hobbs meter starts at zero the first time you load it. If you fly for an hour and then park it for a week, the next time you loaf it up, the Hobbs meter will be at an hour! So, the aircraft literally starts new and gets older, which means the engine gains more wear and tear. You better get your annuals done and cylinder compressions checked (yes, those are modelled), because if you don't, today's flight nay not end well. Oh, and if you park your aircraft after a long flight and don't top off your gas tanks, you may experience an off field landing during your next flight because you ran out of gas. This trainer is real time, brother. You can't just start it and go. If you fail to fly by the checklists, performance charts, and ignore simple maintenance, annuals, and overhauls, like in real life, it will come back to bite you. This is like flying and owning the real deal. I don't know of anyone who has modeled that kind of detail into any aircraft. This "trainer" isn't managed by onboard computers. It's managed by you. I like it as it makes you know a thing or two about the aircraft other than just flying a preprogrammed route. It literally is a real trainer in practically every way. That is why $50 is a fair price.

Todd

Another cool feature: let's say it's winter and you just finished flying the 172. You turn your computer off an leave. You return in an hour and decide to fly the 172 again. The 172's engine will still be warm from your previous flight and you don't have to wait for the engine to warm up. If you let it sit for a day or two in the winter and you forget to plug in the engine heater, you'll have to let the engine run for a while to get the engine up to temp, or you'll need to plug in the heater and wait. Just like real life. This aircraft simulates real time.

Another cool feature is the virtual preflight inspection - you actually do a walk around, check all control surfaces, tires, fuel, etc. It's all simulated. This aircraft is designed to take someone with zero real world experience and give them the experience of owning, maintaining, flying the real thing. In fact, I will go so far to say you'll be able to go from this trainer to a real cessna 172 and be quite familiar with the procedures involved in preflight inspection, runup, and actual flying. Now, stop reading this ance go buy it!

Todd

I could not resist purchasing the A2A 172.

Here is my impressions after about 3 hours of flying ...

This little plane has made an impression on me! The flight model is outstanding. There is no other plane that I have personally flown in the flight simulator world that comes close to this plane for realism.

I know I sound like a fanboy but I just feel totally immersed when flying this plane. The subtle ways it lands and the ways it reacts - it just feels more real than any other planes to me.

I have flown every RealAir plane and many Carenado planes and I will admit that they are superb, however, the A2A 172 is a slight knotch obove all others for me. Just my little humble opinion.

It is quite interesting how A2A's focused attention to the flight dynamics of this plane has elevated the flight experience in FSX. While FSX is an aging software, A2A shows what can be done and maybe FSX is not aging after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

So I have purchased this plane from the Aussie shop.

It is the first additional AC I have added to FSX.

Do planes like this ever have updates?

How does one find out, do I have to check the publishers site for any possible update and then hopefully I can get it even though I did not buy the plan from them.

Thanks

Allan

Hello,

So I have purchased this plane from the Aussie shop.

It is the first additional AC I have added to FSX.

Do planes like this ever have updates?

How does one find out, do I have to check the publishers site for any possible update and then hopefully I can get it even though I did not buy the plan from them.

Thanks

Allan

Hi Allan

A v1.1 update has just been released - go to A2A Simulations forums - register - go to C172 Tech Support and you will find it pinned at the top

Enjoy this magnificent Aircraft :)

Dead bodies in the boot

When I start FSX on the main page with the plane spinning around in the air, if I zoom in it sometimes draws the inside graphics of the plane with the skin disappeared. I then find 2 bodies behind the passenger seats down the tail.

Any one else seen this?

Why are they there?

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Has anyone tried using this AC with FS Passenger?

I tried multiple times last night to start a flight and each time at the point where I was loading passengers to plane suddenly flipped over and crashed from a parked position, often KIAing the pilot.

I have not used FS passenger for awhile as no new updates were coming out and I was reading conflicting info about lights and flaps when operating the plane.

Allan

Archived