FTXG Northern Oklahoma

lifejogger

This is my home state and Bartlesville is my hometown. I can fly just about anywhere in this state without using any navigational equipment. FTXG makes this area look a whole lot better than default FSX.

A flight from Bartlesville to Ponca City.

Bartlesville KBVO

zNLv0.jpg

9otl.jpg

Jfemd.jpg

iIZ84.jpg

1POc7.jpg

MdoXS.jpg

The town of Pawhuska

S91TH.jpg

BH87j.jpg

PzMdu.jpg

Kaw Lake on the Arkansas River

RFLGh.jpg

Q6axe.jpg

Ponca City on the Arkansas River

i1mOK.jpg

KPNC

zc2VB.jpg

9Kz42.jpg

Ugzcw.jpg

Beautiful area you're living in. I see there is a golf course...is it for you or are you too busy flying around?

Thanks for commenting Francois.  That golf course is actually there and I have payed on it a few times a long time ago. I don't live there anymore just go and visit family.

Hello John,

A nice trip you made. I used your post because I think my Ftxg installation is not correct. I reflow your trip and tried too make the same shots. They seem completely diverted then yours, and when I compare them with Google photos your screens come out good.

Maybe you or other readers can help me with this?

Greetings,

Maikel Rozemeijer

The Netherlands

FSS0222087

nQzK.jpg

oqlvX.jpg

c0Ujy.jpg

uyVGB.jpg

adeh1.jpg

SD78O.jpg

tPpNR.jpg

zSCNP.jpg

bv2eH.jpg

Maybe the OP uses addon landclass (Scenery Tech or UTX) and you don't...? That would clarify the differences.

P.S. You should add that ordernumber to your signature instead of posting it in your post: that's why I answered your question here and not on the Dutch subforum. ;)

A flight from Bartlesville to Ponca City.

John,

Great series!  I was checking out real weather the other night and flew from Tulsa towards Wichita and hit a monster super-cell around Ponca City....pretty instense!! Anyway, I enjoyed your post. Thanks.

Hello J(eroen?),

Maybe you could take a look at your Ftx Global at Bartlesville KBVO and at KPNC for me please? :-)

But I also noticed flying over Croatia there was only farm land, mountain or cities. While Google satellite showing almost no farm land.

(edit) Seems you are right. I copied and got a reaction from John:

"Maikel, in my original post I neglected to say that I was also using FSGenesis mesh and UTX.  Also I have my sliders all the way to the right and I added static aircraft to the airports. Hope this helps"

I do use FsGenesis but only utx Europe.

(edit2) Another reaction at my copied post told my shots look good for only ftxg. I shall do a test with utx Europe on and off. Probably that is the big deference.

Ty.

Maikel.

Okey,

I've also got Ult Ter Usa now and this did the trick. Almost got the same kind of shots now. Although the land and shores got some height difference even with fsgenesis world, 3 parts.

Time to get up in the air again! :-)

Maikel.

• 1 month later...

I fly in KBVO quite regularly. I've never been too thrilled with how the default FSX portrays the area. i wish someone would do the area right with the Research Center, downtown, etc. Too much history at that airport for it to have the representation it does. 

Archived