ORBX KHQM Freeware 2-Ship P-51 Frolic

WhizWheel

Hello All.  This is my first ever vid, so apologies if not up to par.  Seeing the quality of what is being displayed here and the awesome sceneries, has inspired me to keep trying time permitting - if only my  3 young ones would quit looking over my shoulder with the usual "What ya doin Dad?"  :D   

Cheers,

Jerry

Very Nice WhizWheel. 

I've been wanting to ask this question for a long time and haven't.  The time is here.  How do you guys make those videos?  What program, or programs, do you use?  And then, setting the camera view anywhere you want it is just amazing.  I guess I'm way behind times on this high tech stuff for Flight Sim.

Rod

How do you guys make those videos?  What program, or programs, do you use? 

Rod

Well, I'm sure everyone has somewhat of a different set up, but here is what I use/do - and it involved trial and error, and I'm still learning:

1. Record flights using FS Recorder(Freeware)

2. Then I use FRAPS(free version) to record 30 second segments that I like.

3. I take those segments and run them through Movavi Video Converter 12 to convert from FRAPS codec to H.264 codec.  They are still avi files. 

4. I assemble those with music and transitions in Camtasia Studio 8.  (the reason for the codec swap is that it runs smoother in Camtasia)

5. Publish through Camtasia Studio 8 to MP4 format before posting to YouTube.

I've also seen others use Sony Vegas with good results.

And thanks all for the kind remarks.  

Rod, I see you are from Post Falls.  I'm sure you know where Cataldo Mission is.  Got married there.  Wife is from the region, just west on Lake Roosevelt, small town of Inchelium.  Beautiful country - so glad ORBX has products for this area.

Cheers,

Jerry     

Well, I'm sure everyone has somewhat of a different set up, but here is what I use/do - and it involved trial and error, and I'm still learning:

1. Record flights using FS Recorder(Freeware)

2. Then I use FRAPS(free version) to record 30 second segments that I like.

3. I take those segments and run them through Movavi Video Converter 12 to convert from FRAPS codec to H.264 codec.  They are still avi files. 

4. I assemble those with music and transitions in Camtasia Studio 8.  (the reason for the codec swap is that it runs smoother in Camtasia)

5. Publish through Camtasia Studio 8 to MP4 format before posting to YouTube.

I've also seen others use Sony Vegas with good results.

And thanks all for the kind remarks.  

Rod, I see you are from Post Falls.  I'm sure you know where Cataldo Mission is.  Got married there.  Wife is from the region, just west on Lake Roosevelt, small town of Inchelium.  Beautiful country - so glad ORBX has products for this area.

Cheers,

Jerry     

WhizWheel.....thanks for the info.  I'll try it out.

Yep, I sure do know where Cataldo Mission is.  Sad thing is, after living here for four years (originally from Montana), my wife and I have talked about going there and never have.  Maybe one of these days.....

I agree with you on the beautiful country.  ORBX scenery has really made my flight sim experience come to life where I live.  The ORBX team has created the airports/airstrips look as I'm actually at the airport (KCOE and KSFF especially).  I received my PPL at Felts Field and used to fly into Couer d'Alene a lot.  In FSX I've flown to all airports in this area, in which I flew to during my flight training, and they all look fantastic. 

Great Work to the ORBX team.  And again, thanks for the info.

Rod

First attempt? You're a natural. Great video, nice transitions and angles synchronized nicely. :)

Jocko, you're too kind.  But I appreciate the sentiments nonetheless. Just hope more people post how they produce their awesome work.  Would help cut my "trial and error" time down some. :P

Cheers,

Jerry

Really great work on the video, kudos to you!, I have tried once or twice to make my own videos, and I can safely say its not something I'm any good at hehe :)

Howdy Tim,

Again thanks for the kind words. But my hats off to you and the ORBX/FTX Team for creating magic for all us sim enthusiasts.  You have created and continue to create a world where we can "afford" to fly.  When I got my private license back in the 80s, AVGAS was $1.40/gallon and you could rent a Piper Tomahawk for $30/hour wet. Those days are long gone.  Had to give up that hobby when I decided to get married and have children.  But with FSX and the ORBX team, I can once again enjoy the thrill of flying at a super fraction of the real thing.  As a retired C-130 navigator who had to do some sim time every few years, I'd say you folks put to shame the graphics we had to endure with the Lockheed C-130 simulator - mountains were pyramids with no trees and water and roads looked like you cut and pasted using Powerpoint.  So THANK YOU for what you do and the skills you possess to give us this very cool virtual world!!! 

Cheers,

Jerry

Archived