Question for JV

rockliffe

Hey, a big question for JV.... following on from your post regarding fifteen favourite airfields in the UK, would there be a possibility of adding just a single gliding airfield? As there are none anywhere in your collection of airfields it would be a first! With some gliding AI it would be superb! As we know, there are a few guys around here who would get great pleasure from such a scenery. OK, maybe not as commercially viable product as a GA airfield, but maybe you could produce one for a lesser price, maybe a lite version. There are a few major clubs around the country including Lasham and Yorkshire gliding club at Sutton Bank. This particular gliding club is set on the edge of the north Yorkshire Dales, so even scope for an area of photoscenery perhaps. Just a thought, and one which could find favour amongst your many followers!

I think JV will be tempted as he's always one for bringing out a 1st!! I think it would be REEEALLY cool to have some AI sailplanes with tugs towing up from the grass strip, it would add something quite unique to FSX.

+1 for a gliding field, nice suggestion. I think Sutton Bank is probably one of the best in the UK due to its location. Would love to go gliding from there in FSX!

I vote for the London Gliding Club (Dunstable Downs), my 'local' ;)

I think, depending on the uptake and cost of development for Orbx, there could be a nice niche with this. It would mean not only Orbx supporters could collect a selection of gliding fields, but also introduce some new customers to the brand who may otherwise not have been interested.

Yorkshire Gliding Club / Sutton Bank (Gotta be the first ;) )

Black Mountains Gliding club / Wales

Bristol & Gloucester Gliding club

Lasham Gliding club

London Gliding club

Shropshire Soaring group

Bowland Forest gliding club

North Wales gliding club

Northumbria Gliding club

Cairngorm Gliding Club / Scotland

http://youtu.be/YNajmDTC_-c

Hey Howard, just as a point of interest, Gary Summons has a freeware version of Sutton Bank on the UK2000 site, which looks actually quite good...so while you're waiting for an ORBX version, something to consider. Jack (damn this problem with the enter key not making a carriage return!!!)

Hey Howard, just as a point of interest, Gary Summons has a freeware version of Sutton Bank on the UK2000 site, which looks actually quite good...so while you're waiting for an ORBX version, something to consider. Jack (damn this problem with the enter key not making a carriage return!!!)

Thanks Jack, I'll check it out...

The carriage return problem I think is related to IE10 - at least it appeared that way for me after I upgraded - god only knows why!!!!

The CR is OK in Google Chrome - my new browser of choice when I work it out a bit more.

Hi Howard, Yes, I totally agree about Sutton Bank. In fact I included it my list of 15 airfields for the big vote. Although I've never flown from there I've walked along the Bank it must be awesome to take off over the cliff edge 8) (PS to Jay Kae - can anything be done about the CR problem in IE10? It's driving me nuts! >:( )

The UK2000 Sutton Bank version is quite good. I use it quite often as i used to live near there and know the area well. As said its freeware if you purchase a UK2000 airport it seems.

Archived