Poor reaction to UK airport vote?

Paul Golding

Given that JV said the Eng was their fastest selling product to date, I'm kind of shocked that so few people have actually taken the opportunity to cast their votes on which airports they'd like for the UK.

I wonder why this could be?

In case anyone reads this post and hasn't seen the one asking for your choice of UK airports, it's here

..............after EGMC of course. But as we're still over 50 off the 200 nominations requested, I gues it's not relevant.

That said, I've only just noticed that in the original post, JV said they had imagery of 45 UK airports and would do the highest voted top 15.............I suppose it might had been a bit useful if JV had actually listed those that they have the imagery for :wacko:

Not been to Saff End since they changed the airport. I was looking forward to going there for a mates stag do, but that got changed to Norwich of all places. Thinking about the Stapleford, South End, Cambridge, Stapleford is a pretty good cross country flight, specially if you take into account airspace around Stanstead.

Although I like England, it doesn't have a long lasting appeal for me, it quite boring now. So I am not looking for any airfields at the mo. I am looking forward the Scotland, but after that, I will only really be spending money on regions as I fell they give much better value for money.

Although I like England, it doesn't have a long lasting appeal for me, it quite boring now. So I am not looking for any airfields at the mo. I am looking forward the Scotland, but after that, I will only really be spending money on regions as I fell they give much better value for money.

I’m looking forward to Scotland (been there, golfed there, loved there) and Ireland. (and would love to see all of Scandinavia as well, especially Norway) and will be getting the world coverage texture pack and update package, but I’m really more interested in Region Packs as well. Not a matter of cost/value but interest. I would also like to see addons covering tourist and natural wonder destinations of interest done in a high level of detail. Examples: Yosemite National Park, a Notable European Castles/Landmarks tour, Hawaiian Islands, etc. My interest for this type of addon is because of the amazing low and slow trips I’ve made over Yellowstone in CRM. I haven’t done a Google comparison of the relative positions of rocks and pebbles within CRM’s Yellowstone, (and won’t) but I always find flying this area lots of fun and interesting.

I would also venture a guess that most A/P addon purchasers would tend to focus on their own country/location. And, while I reside on the East Coast US, I have spent time in the Rockies and love the desert southwest and bush flying in general.

It could also be that some FSX users prefer larger airports instead of regional loaclities... myself included i would prefer a YBBN type airport as i only fly tubeliners... could be one factor?

Yep, that too!

It could also be that some FSX users prefer larger airports instead of regional loaclities... myself included i would prefer a YBBN type airport as i only fly tubeliners... could be one factor?

I am a combo flyer. That meaning I fly the PMDG 737 NGX and a heap of GA.

Would love to see a mix of larger and GA airports. At the moment I am loving EGFF to LOWW. The SID out of 30 EGFF is a mind blower.

Jas

Hi all

As I am not all that familiar with England, I don't know all the ICAO designators that are being used on this and other posts. If you must use the ICAO designators in your posts, can you also include the airport names so that people who are not as familiar with the area as you are, can at least know where to start looking on a map.

Cheers

Bernie

145 replied is not bad, maybe theres a lot of people from outside the UK who havent voted as they just dont know the UK well enough? In which case I would strong urge them to vote for Cambridge EGSC :lol:

This is a possibility. I know what *type* of airport and location I generally prefer, but I don't know enough about England or Wales to actually place a vote for a particular airport.

Also, the modified airports that come with FTX England itself are actually very well done. They aren't UK2000-quality, but they blend perfectly with the scenery and even though they use generic objects, they each have some "personality". There are a lot of airports within the scenery coverage area, and it's obvious the developers don't expect us to buy every one of them as an FTX airport (besides it would take many years to re-create all of them).

Mmmm.... interesting thread. So far, from the air, England doesn't cut it for me. Same goes for Wales.

It's similar to the part of Canada I live in. Flat and boring (GA perspective). I bought EU EN and Wales + one VERY nice airfield but for now that is it for me. Lately I bought a lot of AU Gold-Blue airport and I'm very happy with this part of the world (ORBX world). Same goes for PNW and NZ (both). Being from the cold country I can't stand snow :-) so I never fly up north even if I own Tongass. I know, there is stuff for everyone and that is perfect. For those who fly the long tube more, EU can be very interesting with so many airport.

EVEN if AU is pretty flat the gold coast if very interesting and nice.

So far, it's difficult to beat NZ south who for me is the best ORBX product by far.

I will probably buy Scotland IF there is some nice mountain and it's superb coastline is somewhat respected.

The world is big. They should look at amazing scenery that the world as to offer. South America as plenty including Chile and Peru.

Anyway, that my 2cent

Ben

When development really pulls together a "feel" for an airport, it doesn't matter what size it is.

For me so far, relative ORBX newbie, Anacortes (74S1) in the PNW is the perfect example: a small strip, but the combinations of all the Flow elements, and particularly the sound effects (this is true for Orcas Island as well, KORS), really puts me in that place, and makes me want to use it as my FBO for awhile.

I have no idea yet which other airports have this same level of quality and feel elsewhere; simply the sounds (and the orcas in the sound outside Orcas Island!) contribute immensely.

If nothing else, ORBX could benefit by highlighting this for their UK and Wales airports more. Increased detail in the scenery is one thing, but when you get to really making a location feel like home, that's when it all goes to the next level.

And sounds are a big part of that.

I wonder whether the tech is there to have different sounds at different times of the day?

Archived