John Venema's Interview with Avionic Online

amentiba

I thought I had replied to this before , maybe too quick on the button pushing.

Another vote for v2 . Actually , I would be happy paying more .

Hi Alan,

You did reply previously (ie your not going mad) goto link at top of this page which opens avionics interview and forward to page 2...presto!

Hi Alan,

You did reply previously (ie your not going mad) goto link at top of this page which opens avionics interview and forward to page 2...presto!

Thanks Rick ,

Whilst Im here I might as well throw in another vote !

I think there is some confusion about what I said, which was "if EVERY person who bought FTX Australia paid $20 for V2 that would fund it" - that means a LOT of $20 amounts pre-paid before we have the funds to commission such a project. We're talking in the range of 20,000 - 35,000 copies sold across various versions of AU, but probably about 15,000 actual customers at a guess. Do the maths around that :)

I think there is some confusion about what I said, which was "if EVERY person who bought FTX Australia paid $20 for V2 that would fund it" - that means a LOT of $20 amounts pre-paid before we have the funds to commission such a project. We're talking in the range of 20,000 - 35,000 copies sold across various versions of AU, but probably about 15,000 actual customers at a guess. Do the maths around that :)

Hello John!

... okay: I did some maths - and came to the conlusion:

It either works or does not ;) :

Either enough people (15000+) are willing to pay for this upgrade or not.

I cannot calculate the expectations and/or risks, but:

Isn't there always "this kind of risk" with a "new project"?

But at least from my point of view, i think that 20$ for a dedicated update is a real super-fair price and - i'd pay this ammount right away.

So:

There is 15000-1=14999

Definitely looking better now!

Okay:

... this was not very convincing and i am also not very good in maths, but:

I thought i'd give it a try and again show my support for this - in my opinion - great idea!

... and i am not the only one here ;)

Cheers, Christoph

JV there are a lot of us who have responded positively to AUS V2, so how about an oficial poll or is that a preorder. Anyway there is a great number of ORBX fans out there who don't even know where this thread ended up after your interview.

Give us all the oppurtunity to vote for AUS V2. If we don't support it in sufficient numbers so be it, at least the company will know where it's customers stand.

No worries, John, just leave this post open for some time and you will get a feeling if there is potential to come close to 15,000 or not.

Just to confirm: I have put my last cash Dollars to a safe place already ... ::) :

Posted Image

I wouldn't want to create any confusion or mistake, John's purpose was clear from the first line to the last.

It's better he now retablishes what have to be done for any AU V2 project, for thoses who haven't understand.

That's why i was waiting before answer.

By the way, i'm glad you've all enjoyed the interview, and you can count me in for AU V2 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I did not see many more entries coming up after the merger with another post (that link doesn´t work for me...). So I took the chance to count...

JV needs 15000 entries for AU 2.0

We have got 34 in this thread.

So just 14966 to go. Come on boyz!

Archived