file uploader

teecee

I have been trying to upload a small file to an uploader that people will use.. I can't use Jay's one here, and I simply cannot figure out why, but I am getting no response from anyone regarding what I am doing wrong after four days of bumps and messages. I uploaded the file to 4shared, as I have done for years with no problems, and caused an uproar from people that do not want to use it, so I need a new, SAFE free uploader.. I would appreciate some pointers folks. Teecee.

TeeCee, I take it that you don't wish to upload to one of the bigger download sites like avsim.com or flightsim.com??? Yes, you have to jump through a few hoops to establish yourself for uploading to one of these sites but once you do, you can reach a pretty big audience with minimum additional trouble. Stan V

Hello Terry,

i gave them a try. I uploaded a rar-file with 170 MB in about 65 minutes and got a link to this upload. Now i can give this link to other people and they can download this file.

I also tried the download of this uploaded file and i got it downloaded in about 10 minutes.

Here is the link to download the rar-file which contains the whole EZ-scenery-files. http://we.tl/AGx98hlQEA

@ Wolter

I think the OZx-site is closed.

"For bigger files I use Dropbox then just right click the file and copy a public link"

This is what started this whole problem.. I have used 4shared for years, with hundreds of up/downloads, but somebody took offense at my link, and now no-one wants to use 4shared. Teecee..

Once I am back I will give you a hand Teecee, the trick is to upload the file and then once it is uploaded there is a little wording that says 'Add to Post' you need to do that for your file to show in the posting you are making.

Archived