Amazing bulk 3d objects creation- you want landmarks?

Capnsully

Not sure what I have to do to ever get a reply from JV, he must still think I'm an Xplane nut- very far from the truth! I've very much jumped ship and will do everything I can to help Orbx and its chosen sims.

As I love experimenting with 3d object creation and PLACEMENT (automatically), I fell across this great demo by our friends at P3D.

Hopefully you guys at Orbx will already be using it, if not, check it out! I'll certainly be investigating myself, ESP to speed up 'filler' object creation like shopping strips and major landmarks.

/>http://youtu.be/gt6FsPWC32A

That is really cool. Great find Simmo. I'll be investigating this too, it seems way too simple in the video. Where do the textures come from?

I was watching a doco about aerial photography during WWII the other day and it was explaining how they captured aerial photographs from different angles to create a 3D aerial view to get a better perspective on what they were looking at. This program seems to be using a similar technique.

BTW Simmo check out ScenProc.

/>http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=ScenProc

It uses shapefile data downloaded from the internet to automatically place trees, buildings and other autogen objects in their correct location. You can use it to automatically add autogen to photo scenery. I haven't actually used it yet myself, but I have downloaded a few shapefiles and looked at how it works, and it seems fairly straightforward.

Cheers,

Thanks for this good find Simmo. I have bookmarked it, just in case I ever get into that side of things. I would like the challenge, however, by the time I get a round to it (if ever) you can be sure technology will have moved on by light years.

The problem with these exporters is the textures as one poster has already asked. There are difficulties in the export process and can lead to naked results. I hope that this system is successful, it could be a big help.

Archived