Lakes north of Katanning (WA)

Stillwater

Following Trev´s suggestion I did a little tour from Katanning to th north-east, heading for a series of salt lakes:

Posted Image

A nice challenge is added when you do not use GPS, but the wheat silos to verify your directions:

Posted Image

Finally found Cunderdin...

Posted Image

Posted Image

And proceeding across Northam Army Base ...

Posted Image

... and the Lakes Quarry ...

Posted Image

... to Mundaring Weir:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is another nice & challenging little airstrip - with a lovely surrounding.

Glad you are enjoying Western Australia Gerold. I see you found Mundaring Weir.

Not sure what your next leg is but my suggestion is to work your way south along the escarpment and find Wheelerfield. The owner has flown 2 steerman biplanes across Australia from north of Brisbane to Jandakot. First his own, then another for a fellow pilot.

Glad you enjoy the pictures, and even more if I can get you a kick to discover these areas!

Glad you are enjoying Western Australia Gerold. I see you found Mundaring Weir.

Not sure what your next leg is but my suggestion is to work your way south along the escarpment and find Wheelerfield. The owner has flown 2 steerman biplanes across Australia from north of Brisbane to Jandakot. First his own, then another for a fellow pilot.

Hi Trev, I feel it is great to get tour suggestions from locals (hope Orbx global gets me the chance to pay back!). As autumn is coming, I decided to hop back south from Perth and will be joining the Targa Tasmania - before returning to West Australia for the clockwise OZ journey!

Archived