Australia FTX problems

temple187

So let´s remember....

• Scenery installed
  • Latest patches installed from http://fullterrain.com/support.html
  • Latest library installed LAST, from the same page
  • FTX central started (as administrator?), followed all instructions from the pdf-document "FTX Australia User Guide"
  • Scenery set to lovely Australia, and applied - bing!
  • FSX or P3D started up, and adjusted the graphics settings as per the user guide recommendations.
Have I forgotten sth?

if you installed in the order that Gerold stated above the scenery should be visible, unless your registry entry states something else as where fsX is installed,

please go to the support page again and at the bottom there is a registry tool to check if your fsX regitry entry is indeed pointing to the correct location of your fsX.exe,

if this is not the case then you can alter it and let it point to the correct location,

in case of delete the faulty installed files and re-install in the order as Gerold already mentioned.

Ive done all of this and now its only working some airports and the scenery for that makes the runways, taxiways, terminals and aircraft look completely black, and some taxiways just look like grass (its not meant to though)

OK deep breath, lets calm down a bit please, Wolter who has been assisting you is based in Europe, so hes probably sleeping or working at this time of the day.

- I assume you have both the FSX servicepacks or Acceleration/GOLD installed?

- Do you have an Antivirus program running?

- Have you moved your FSX installation after you installed it?

- Were did you install your FSX? in the default location or a custom location?

- And it would help the support team if you could post a screenshot of what you are seeing, a very easy way to do that is found here: http://www.orbxsyste...he-orbx-forums/

• 1 month later...

Hi temple187

It may help if you are able to post a screenshot, so we can see what you are seeing. Instructions on how to do that can be found here.

In the meantime, it may also be relevant to clarify exactly what FTX Australia is.

Essentially, FTX replaces the FSX default textures (higher resolution, much more Australian) , landclass and vector features (think: roads, rivers, coastlines, city boundaries, freeway traffic, land-types) with more accurate representations of Australia. Also the seasons match our 'down-under' seasons and regional changes.

The airports are not altered in FTXAu.

Make sure that you update to the latest Service pack via the Support downloads page:

http://www.fullterra...om/support.html

It is also highly recommended also to download AuMesh, expertly created by Holger Sandmann, particularly if you have no other mesh (elevation) data installed.

There are several high-quality free airports to download on the freeware page:

http://www.fullterra...m/freeware.html

There are also some very highly detailed airports to purchase, as outlined on the FTX homepage

There are also a great collection of Freeware airports (including Ant's Airports) for download at http://www.aussiex.org

You will need quite a bit of free hard-disc space for all of the above.

I'm not posting a screen shot of default textures because you know what it looks like. but I know FTX australia is and in the ads it has airports such as alice springs, and melbourne. I want to know how they have re-textured airports if those airports aren't on freeware. and i there isn't any black textures, everything is just default. and when i try to reinstall it its still default!

I'm not posting a screen shot of default textures because you know what it looks like. but I know FTX australia is and in the ads it has airports such as alice springs, and melbourne. I want to know how they have re-textured airports if those airports aren't on freeware. and i there isn't any black textures, everything is just default. and when i try to reinstall it its still default!

I think when people are taking time out of their busy lives to help you, you need to consider their requests for information as more than just an annoyance. Without something concrete to diagnose, no-one can positively know whether the problem is in the installation, or in your expectations. Reading your last post I'm left wondering if you are expecting the payware airports to be included in the Australia package, which isn't the case. A couple of screenshots will help stop speculation and lead to an earlier resolution of your problem.

Im telling you what is wrong nobody is helping me.. I am allowed to get frustrated and sorry, Payware airports? each airport costs $30 and the freeware airports.. Ill never fly there! Ill tell you exactly what is wrong:

I downloaded ORBX sp4 Australia, I set the region to Australia on FTX Central. I installed the Patches, when I played FSX everything was default scenery.

p.s in the ads it didn't just have scenery, it had airports. False advertising is what that is!

Can you please tell me exactly where you saw these "ads"?

Ian has already explained above about what AU is.

Posting a screenshot would be very helpful, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Listen, The scenery is the default scenery. honestly i don't think i need to post a screenshot of default scenery.

these are official ads for ORBX Australia Sp4 WITH Orbx airports that definatly aren't the freeware one and why would i want to waste so much money on airports when i already spent so much on the scenery?

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M14YJQfPq9U&feature=player_embedded

Ok, I have come home from my 9-5 job to try keep assisting you. You may not be aware, but this is not our full time jobs working for Orbx.

First video, I only saw one airport and that was Launceston Airport (freeware). Second video, JerdooFlightX states under his video "This was fun to make ... All payware airports from ORBX/FTX Australia are included in this video ... A like is much appreciated! Thanks for watching!"

From the FSS webpage where you purchased AUSP4:

A NEW LEVEL OF REALITY

Full Terrain Experience introduces a radical new modular design with a level of visual fidelity unprecedented in Microsoft Flight Simulator since its introduction over twenty years ago. For the first time ever it is a pleasure to fly low and slow and take in the depth of features that our ground terrain textures provide.

FTX Features:

• Super-crisp, superbly detailed 1m per pixel textures unique to each region
  • Custom Landclass for every FTX Region Pack and 3D night lighting systems!
  • Improved and highly accurate coastlines (AU Regions)
  • Brand new autogen textures for trees, houses, buildings, roads and more
  • A set of freeware photoreal GA airports with every FTX Region Pack
Enjoy these features and more ..

• Made from licensed aerial photos
  • Coastlines, roads, rivers, lakes, custom scenery
  • Complete roads, rail, trails, tracks for super accurate VFR flights
  • Amazing 3D night lighting system for full immersion
  • Simple to use, just install and fly!
  • Custom Landclass for every major city and large town
The only mention of airports is the freeware GA airports which are available from our Freeware page. Nothing else is promised regarding airports. So that settles the "false advertising" claim.

Now, since you won't post a screenshot, I will.

Two shots taken in northern Victoria, (location S37° 5.66' E145° 0.14'). First one is Default FSX, the second is with FTX AU installed and active. Put yourself at that location facing south & tell me which image do you see?

Default:post-650-0-82532500-1366013185_thumb.jpg

FTX: post-650-0-11815100-1366013388_thumb.jpg

four things

1. I think its stupid how i paid so much for the scenery and now i need to pay about the same amount for one airport

2.I went to those co-oridnates and i can just barely see the representation of the FTX but how come the scenery for me looks much worse compared to the picture?

3. When I go to other places such as melbourne, sydney, alice springs they look nothing like ftx. and if this can't get fixed is it possible to get a refund?

4. I have gone to random spots in Australia and major cities, Horrible graphics, almost like the Default but much worse, Why isn't my scenery look like the scenery in the ads?

p.s again, sorry if I'm sounding angry I was really looking forward to this...

Horrible graphics, almost like the Default but much worse

You will need to post a screenshot of what you are seeing, because I think you might have a corrupted install of FTX or maybe FSX itself. Or it could be something as simple as your display settings.

temple187.

If you have a problem that you wish to solve, that is the purpose of the support forum. It is not a soapbox to voice your expectations of what the product is or should be.

If your next post contains a screenshot and explanation of what you are seeing and what you feel is wrong with it, then this thread will continue.

If not, this thread will be closed.

OK I will tell you exactly what is wrong but i cant give you screenshots because FSX always crashes when I do.

Scenery looks nothing like it does in videos and Screenshots plus when I changed it from FTX to normal they looked exactly the same....

and I haven't got a corrupt FSX because I have downloaded other scenery and it works fine.)

and one more thing why do i have to pay so much money for airports when I payed the same amount of money for SP4.....

and seriously if you can't help me fix this I want my money back.

As explained, this topic is now locked, a decision vindicated by your use of large fonts and continued rant.

If you are genuinely wanting to solve a support issue, please start another thread. Your thread will now require review by a moderator before being visible.

In the interim, please take the opportunity to educate yourself as to the different types of scenery add-ons for FSX, so that you truly understand what you purchased.

I have already posted a fairly detailed description of what FTX is. My suspicion is that you did not understand exactly what you purchased, either when you purchased it, or indeed now. The product has been around for some years now, and its nature has not altered over that time.

and seriously if you can't help me fix this I want my money back.

If you are unwilling to systematically co-operate and work through a problem to help solve it then no-one will be able to help you.

On a final note

i cant give you screenshots because FSX always crashes when I do

This suggests your FSX installation has significant problems, which may be quite relevant.

Archived