Noticing SAK love....

marshkop

Hey, I havent posted here for awhile,(not interested in Europe), but I have sure noticed the love that SAK is getting,(not sure who's responsible but my suspisions lead me toward Holger, he showed so much in Tongas Fjords). WELL DONE and thanks for it. I hope your'e going for awards. I think Alex, and Jon Patch are helping too...all devs pipe up and be noticed. Thanks guys.

I second the notion, I am alos looking ofrward to NorCal. Should give me lots of routes to fly for NetJets from PNW.

+1 for me too. That will complete about 2000 miles continuously for me. I'm super excited to get my hands on SAK.

SAK is developed by Holger, Jon, Chris, Neil, Alex and myself,

We are all feverishly working away like busy beavers to finish this project, its been the most visually intense landscape I have yet to see (or work on)

Cudos to you Tim, Jon, Holger, Chris, Neil, and Alex...I thought that was the case, this might rival the grail(IMHO) Tongas Fjords. I already can see that with the touches Jon alone has shown so far with his custom autogen. I believe there should be awards for this if all that custom work is only the begining of what we are goin to see. Of course Brad with the RTMM site his team will add....a shit load more :D:-*

You betcha! But only where the ORBX team has left it open for us. I try to stay away from the developed areas and go out in the boondocks! Like the recent image shared here for Alsek River, Not anything we really need to do there. But any undeveloped airstrips out there might see us add a latrine or bear nearby. For now, we're hoping to see what the ORBX team has done for Halibut Cove and Taku Lodge. That's our first ideas to work on if the ORBX team has not done anything at those locations that is.

Brad

Hi all,

What a frenzy. I'm caught up in it too and am acutely aware that my present hard drive is going to fall short of my needs very quickly but oh boy! SAK.and RTMM

good flights, Cal

Hello all,

Many thanks Holger ! ;D

We are doing Taku Glacier Lodge ( Jacques Alluchon and myself - Jacques is doing the buildings, as he have done at Yes Bay lodge - RTMM )

And, yes, we have planned Ultima Thule Lodge, works will start soon.

Brad is getting staff for Halibut Cove.

Screenshots from SAK are amazing,

Many thanks to Holger, Tim, Neil, Alex, Jon and Chris.

Cheers,

Xavier - RTMM

Okay for those of us not in the know, what is RTMM? Doesn't sound like Tongass Fijords to me, which raises another question in my mind (sorry about that) but do I need Tongass Fijords to make the SAK scenery contiguous with the rest of Orbx NA/Canada.

Hello MRA,

Return to Misty Moorings ( RTMM ) is the follow up of Misty Moorings ( FS9 dedicated to Southern Alaska ) here : http://return.mistymoorings.com/

RTMM is a web site and forums, providing you about 200 freeware sceneries ( cabins, airstrips, harbors, lodges...) that the team has done for OrbX PFJ and FSX Tongass Fjords ( Holger Sandmann and Bill Womack ) and soon for OrbX SAK.

You will find many informations about Southern Alaska, And British Columbia, AI shipping traffic ( Dexter and co), many, many help and flightplans ( Doug's dispatches and Dieter's datas) for discovery.

RTMM was launched, 2 years ago, by Doug Linn and Brad Allen. Now, a Legacy collection of 35 locations is available to start installation of RTMM sceneries. But don't forget to take a look at sceneries page until Z letter.

Cheers,

Xavier - RTMM

Hi Shawn,

yes, the Ultimate Thule Lodge airstrip is included though the lodge itself is "generic" since it's another location that RTMM has "reserved" 8)

Cheers, Holger

no problems there, I'm sure brad and crew will do it up well. once this is released, I may try some low grade scenery development myself... need some wilderness cabins, fishing camps and mining sites to fly my cub into!

+1 for me too. That will complete about 2000 miles continuously for me. I'm super excited to get my hands on SAK.

Yep and a lot of work for my already tired 185 tundra. Man, I fly the wheels off that thing.

My cub is going to get a serious workout up here, need to practice that water brake landing though....

Haha! For sure, and me and my trusty 185 will be back at the bush. I am hoping you have a SuperCub, regular Cubs are too slow for me. :D

Will this scenery replace or work with the Tongass Fjords scenery add-on? Also, any plans to do Juneau, Sitka, and Wrangell airports? Or are those going to be included in the Southern AK scenery?

Todd

Hi Todd,

SAK does not cover the same area as Tongass Fjords so you can use both side by side. The transition is actually very well done and they complement each other pretty well.

Will this scenery replace or work with the Tongass Fjords scenery add-on? Also, any plans to do Juneau, Sitka, and Wrangell airports? Or are those going to be included in the Southern AK scenery?

Todd

Todd, Sitka ( PASI )and Wrangell ( PAWG) are already done in Tongass Fjords.

Here are some shots.

Peter

Posted Image

Sitka airport

Posted Image

Sitka town with harbour.

Posted Image

Sitka harbour.

Posted Image

Wrangell airport.

Posted Image

Wrangell town.

Posted Image

Wrangell harbour.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wrangell harbour with trawler.

no problems there, I'm sure brad and crew will do it up well. once this is released, I may try some low grade scenery development myself... need some wilderness cabins, fishing camps and mining sites to fly my cub into!

Hi Shawn,

Go and visit Return to Misty Moorings and you will find more wilderness cabins, fishing camps and mining sites to fly your cub into then you can use in a long time. At least this is true for PFJ and Tongass currently. But as you can read above Brad and the RTTM-Team are already working on SAK. So I would advise to contact them if you are eager to contribute something to that area.

Todd

Hi Todd,

See the post from Brad for the coverage of SAK (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/52022-sak-kmz-with-regions/) and to make it clear: Without the superb Tongass Fjords you will have a gap of dedfault scenery between PFJ and SAK (at least along the costline). So go and get Tongass. It is at or above the same level of scenery design than all the ORBX sceneries and very good value for money!

Indeed. If you'd like to work with us on some scenery for SAK, PFJ and beyond, stop by RTMM and check out our website. Read our rules there and then let us know what you have in mind. We'd love to welcome a new paintbrush in the studio.

Brad

Oh, I've been a fan of RTMM since day one. (actually was a huge fan of the original MM in fs9 days as well) as far as contributions go, I'll have to see if I'm any good first! thanks for the kind words though. basically all I had in mind was a scattering of off-airport landing sites. I'll know more about what I want to do specifically, once I've had a chance to play with SAK.

Oh, I've been a fan of RTMM since day one. (actually was a huge fan of the original MM in fs9 days as well) as far as contributions go, I'll have to see if I'm any good first! thanks for the kind words though. basically all I had in mind was a scattering of off-airport landing sites. I'll know more about what I want to do specifically, once I've had a chance to play with SAK.

Good, Shawn, If you will not contribute to RTTM maybe you can use the new section here in the forum to post your strips....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys. Those screenies from Tongass Fjords are fantastic! I have the FS9 version, which is amazing in and of itself, but it certainly is kicked up a few notches in FSX (I never used FSX)! Can't wait to get P3D up and running this week. Does the new to-be-released SAK Orbx scenery come with fresh Halibut?

Todd

Archived