Yet more from Milford Sound

Adam Banks

It'll be a fair while, I think, before the novelty wears off ... so here are [yet] more from this amazing area. Aircraft chosen for their colours rather than historical or geographical accuracy :lol:

An unusual sight! The Bf109 had a very short take off distance, so it may have been able to get off from here. Not sure about the landing though!

Posted Image

Posted Image

... those misty mountains ... ("Brothers in Arms" - Dire Straits)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not a beauty queen - but ideally suited to that terrain!

Posted Image

Incredible stone textures ...

Posted Image

Upgraded my freeware Goshawk and nipped down for a flypast ...

Posted Image

Adam.

@Andy - NZMF or the Me109? It's the [old] A2A WOP2 Me109E ... but I suspect you mean NZMF. It's going to be a hard one to resist! I can see it biting your wallet already :lol:

@fiftysix ... I'm not sure how/why that DS reference happened but yes - I'm a huge fan of DS and Mark Knopfler (so it must have been a subliminal thing!). If I were to reincarnate as someone with any musical ability at all, that's the guitar style I'd dearly like to have.

@mikee - He got lost on when Wanaka suddenly went IFR. I think my next set of pics will have to be slightly more "authentic". Maybe a Kiwi P-40!

Great captures, Adam 8) !

Thanks! They're only great because somebody else did all the hard work! I just pointed and clicked ;) Not only that - they only represent a tiny slice of a hugely pleasurable experience that goes on for hours. I'm hardly "in the cockpit" these days - I just sit back in outside view and watch the world go by! Maybe I don't even need an aircraft - a "flying Bob" would do! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived