Heads up: EGHR, CYBD, NZMF and KSFF release updates

John Venema

As you might already be aware of, A2A offers some 1938-42 era charts for England:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=24

Not sure if that will help out any, but the idea of having those night flashing lights...

"These maps include things like the flashing sequence of air and marine lights and lighthouses in order to help the pilot navigate by night. In wartime there are other pieces of information that also become relevant such as artillery ranges and other dangerous military zones"

...would sound pretty cool.

Also, isnt FSX coded where scenery can be by date as well? You could have two completely different airfields at the same location and it all depends on what date it is to determine which one loads?

If you can imagine pulling up to a WWII airport in your Spitfire, seeing those khaki coloured uniforms ...

Blue RAF uniforms would be more authentic, John! Oh ... and the Battle of Britain was in 1940, not 1942 but hopefully the developers have been doing the historical research.

It's an exciting idea and it really sparks the imagination. I'm sure there will be a great deal of interest in this product. Thanks for letting us know about it.

We want to be able to provide an England which allows the recreation of the Battle of Britain days in all its glory.

It looks as though 2013 is shaping up to be another fantastic ORBX year. I cannot wait to fire up my C-47 and head out over 1940's England; what a treat!

I bought FSX to do some civil aviation simming, If I wanted a WW2 combat sim I would go elsewhere ??? . I rather see them using the resources making normal airports and not turning it into a WW2 combat sim, but thats just my opinion.

I will not spend a dime on these ww2 airports. -_-

I bought FSX to do some civil aviation simming, If I wanted a WW2 combat sim I would go elsewhere ??? . I rather see them using the resources making normal airports and not turning it into a WW2 combat sim, but thats just my opinion.

I will not spend a dime on these ww2 airports. -_-

Kaboki, nobody expect you do but there are some people who like that and for them will Orbx make this scenery to please them also. And for what I think that's not for Combat Flying but for historical reasons.

Peter

I see your point and It will not be the end of the world for me, but Im afraid that the work on these airports will mean that the normal airport developing will slow down at the expence of these :mellow: Thats my concern..

50 airports is alot and will be time consuming for the devs, so the time will be limited to work on normal aiports....

I want WW2 sites!! So +1 here.

Everybody has their own preference and I surly respect yours.

I appreciate the diversity of Orbx. A2A makes some fine WW2 AC and IMO they are the best AC for that era. I can hardly image what an amazing scenery designer like Orbx will do with their mad skills. Makes me all gitty inside. ::)

I'll cover your dime.

yeah yeah, I just aired my concerns and I don't expect Orbx will care about It and I'm happy that youre happy ::) . About A2A I don't like them producing so many warplanes, I would rather see Accusimmed GA or tubes instead, just some off my other concerns :P

To be honest my friend - I suppose the aspect I really enjoy for these WW2 AC are the old school navigation and ambiance, not so much the going to bomb, shoot down, or blow something up.

Also Orbx may not respond but I have found they care alot about what people say. I was one of the guys that asked long ago for some old Airfields and was blown away when I heard they might build some.

But I also very much agree with you on A2A - I would love to see some GA AC with maintenance, logs and things no other developer for AC adds.

BTW Norway is a lovely place. Amazing to fly over I would imagine.

Here's to your happiness to brother!

Happy Holidays.

Slight misunderstanding here, work on WWII airfields is not taking precious time away from other duties and Orbx is not planning on making 50 x WWII airfields!

But I can tell you..(being the one whos into this WWII stuff)...as a boy who has grew up totally immersed in Biggles and Reach for the Sky type books, whos heros included the likes of Guy Gibson and Douglas Bader, and whos bedroom was covered from head-to-foot in Airfix/Revell models....its all about the magic and beauty of old-time flying, there is just...something special about it that deserves attention ;)

Cheers

Tim

Speaking as someone who had a misspent youth rather like Tim's, above, I would enjoy the kind of immersive scenery Orbx achieves, applied to a few WW2 fields (or 1930s, or WW1, come to that!)

My only pondering was - which fields? Certainly places like Biggin Hill, Scampton, Tangmere and West Malling, spring to mind. I'd hope nothing clashes with populer present-day fields; another thread tells us modern Duxford works well in FTX and I wouldn't want to lose that. Otherwise, I look forward to the sceneries.

(Hope to see my dad and his mates at Waterbeach .... ::) )

So, go ahead, Orbx, I'll enjoy whatever comes.

I would love to see some GA AC with maintenance, logs and things no other developer for AC adds.

BTW Norway is a lovely place. Amazing to fly over I would imagine.

Yeah It's a lovely place, but in FSX It sucks and there is no payware available to improve things only freeware (It doesn't lookso good when getting used too Orbx), except a couple of airports from Aerosoft.

My hope is that Orbx would get there someday so I can start enjoy flying closer to home.

About AC with maintaince, there are some others out there like the Diamond Katana 4x, Bronco X and maybe others that I have not heard about but I wish there whas more planes like this for FSX.

Slight misunderstanding here, work on WWII airfields is not taking precious time away from other duties and Orbx is not planning on making 50 x WWII airfields!

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Tim just misundertood the announcement of the 50 fields, seems that I don't need to be to concerned then ::)

Cheers and happy holidays

Thanks for the clarification Tim. I'm with kaboki in that if I wanted WWII fields with all their trimmings I would go to a dedicated sim. I can't see the point in departing from a 1940s strip just to fly over the Gherkin and Spire or avoid a 737 coming in to land at a neighbouring über-modern airport, so I'll be giving these developments a miss, thank you.

A real heads-up would have been an anouncement on an Australian release. Do I see it correctly that not one single Aussie airport was released in all of 2012?

Well .- at least I have Milford Sound to look forward to. And judging by the previews that one will be a real stunner!

Cheers

Mallard

We spent a LOT of time, effort and money developing what I believe to be our best Australian airports in 2011, but the honest truth? They just did not sell well at all, about half that of airports in the USA/Canada. So whilst Jarrad is working on an amazing AU airport and Tim is finishing off YBTH Bathurst, we have actually "parked" several AU airports because the effort/reward is not there for us (both for the developer wanting his income, and Orbx wanting revenue as a publisher).

Sometimes a business needs to evaluate the best strategies in continuing to remain viable, but for now AU airports are not the products that return a profit any more.

Yes, we'll continue to make them, but not at the volume of other regions where customers will purchase them much more enthusiastically.

I'm still hoping to have EGHR released by the weekend, it's up to the developers to tidy up any remaining bugs, then Ed/Adrian/Jay to do the FSS wrapper, hosting and CDN thing. Being as close to Christmas as it is, with family outings and commitments, I won't give any guarantees about it being released this weekend - that's just what I would like to see, but it's not in my control.

I'm still hoping to have EGHR released by the weekend, it's up to the developers to tidy up any remaining bugs, then Ed/Adrian/Jay to do the FSS wrapper, hosting and CDN thing. Being as close to Christmas as it is, with family outings and commitments, I won't give any guarantees about it being released this weekend - that's just what I would like to see, but it's not in my control.

Thank you for the reply John. I'm sure all of us here will understand if it's postponed until the New Year. It's just nice to know that it's just around the corner.

Thanks a lot for the very enlightening information, JV! I'm a bit surprised and saddened that the releases were not received with the recognition that was due to them.

Anyway - it's great to hear that Bathurst is still in the pipeline and I'm thrilled about the news that Jarrad is working on a AU project!

And until then there are still the NZ and UK airports for me to chose from. I guess it will just have to do... ;) (<- PLEASE note the smiley on this last bit!)

Cheers

Mallard

Glad to hear some Aussie sceneries on the way. Though I've bought three of my favouriet airfields, I wasn't going to buy the Aussie regional packs til YPAD and YPPF were available - but I've dropped some hints to family for Christmas or birthday. As for Goodwood, eagerly waiting, but I've consoled myself with some US sceneries! Oh, darn, I hate consoling myself like that!

I'm excited to hear about the possibility of WWII English airfields, but to be honest, I would probably rather see Duxford and Old Warden done as current day fields, since that's how I prefer to fly the warbirds. Just my 2 cents (pence?) :) Bring on Goodwood!

Todd

Archived