What's the protocol here?

Adam Banks

This is a very busy section of the forum - with many posts going up daily (!!).

I just wondered if it's considered "bad form" to add your own screenshots to someone else's topic. From what I can see, it seems mainly one submitter per topic. I've often wanted to add my own pics (when relevant) but don't want to step on the OP's toes (I probably already have!).

I suspect there isn't a hard & fast rule - I just wondered what people think ;)

It's an interesting question. I personally think that it would depend on the topic started by the OP. If it's something along the lines of "great coastlines" "wild landscapes" or "busy cityscapes" (or something similarly unspecified) - then why not? Take, for example, my "mixed dozen" post.

If it were, however, "my flight at XY in the evening" then I - as a viewer of the topic - I would probably be a bit surprised to see someone else post something along the lines of "and here's mine - from somewhere completely different. and at lunchtime. and in a other type of plane. but the houses in the background are the same..." - if you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

But otherwise - why not try it? I'm sure that the communication here within this part of the forum works well enough that we could get it sorted out if it should not work in the long run. Might also lead to some interesting threads where one wonders, why the first pic gets such an enormous following... ;)

Cheers

Mallard

I would not see any problem with it! Although it is a rather personal thing leaving your best screenies here... Some might not wanna have "competition" within their post.

Although when it is relevant or if there are some more to show - for example 1 post could be a specific airport and others fill in with their own experiences - although I think that would be agreed upon from the person who open such a topic. But with my experience I have seen some trying such an approach but it has always so to say ran out in the sand..

To be safe you could always ask for permission before posting.

Mmm, not sure to be honest. Personally, I think it would be a little bad form... a bit like arrriving at a dinner party with your own bottle of wine and not drinking the host's :D

Good point!

To be safe you could always ask for permission before posting.

Either that or the OP specifies that further contributions are welcome in the header or his/her post - but that will probably also fizzle, just like the tagging thing ;)

Cheers

Mallard

Archived