FTX EU ENG - Some more impressions

Oh yeah Mark you certainly got that right mate, its looking amazin. Where do I sign haha. Cant wait for this now guys. All those lovely industries lookin fab, is that the Runcorn area in the first couple of shots Mark near Liverpool Airport?. Fantastic guys ;) .

Cheers

Jimmy

Oh yeah Mark you certainly got that right mate, its looking amazin. Where do I sign haha. Cant wait for this now guys. All those lovely industries lookin fab, is that the Runcorn area in the first couple of shots Mark near Liverpool Airport?. Fantastic guys ;) .

Cheers

Jimmy

Hey Jimmy, yep, well spotted, Runcorn it is....

As I write I have a flight over London loaded..... and its :o8):D

Glad you're enjoying these guys :)

Hey Jimmy, yep, well spotted, Runcorn it is....

As I write I have a flight over London loaded..... and its :o8):D

Glad you're enjoying these guys :)

Haha I thought so:-). Come on Mark dont tease let us have a look hee hee:-). Really lookin forward to it, looks brilliant mate:-) Thanks.

aww someone beat me to it, I was looking at the refinery thinking.. Did he read my post and want to show it was there?

I shall be buying FTX ENG and the rest of the United Kingdom when you release it. Next on the list should be The Republic of Ireland, just so its another island finished.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the terrific shots. I was planning to wait for a while but after "flying" over London and the countryside I don't think I can put off owning England. As my accountant friend told me years ago," if your budget isn't working you can fix it by bringing home more money". I'd better fatten up the Orbx kitty and keep my card at the ready. Orbx scenery is great fun to fly through now if I can just find more time to fly. I look forward to discovering England.

good flights, Cal

Really great work with the London shots too. I can imagine how difficult it must be to recreate this area, London is a very dense and complex scenery.

Sorry though to be picky... Just that a few shots showing some buildings that are not there in real life. They look like fsx default autogen

Shots 1 & 4 - That tall building next to the Gherkin building is not there in real life. There is a recent building that went up not too long ago called Heron Tower, if that is suppose to be that?

Shots 2 & 3 - That cluster of tall buildings in the distance at Canary Wharf. The tall building on the left of all those buildings looks like fsx default version of the Canary Wharf tower. I can see the proper version of this building in those shots too, but just looks odd with that default version there.

But again, it all looks very impressive and I cannot wait for this release :)

Looking very very good Mark!

Great pictures!

... and a great scenery!

Really great work with the London shots too. I can imagine how difficult it must be to recreate this area, London is a very dense and complex scenery.

Sorry though to be picky... Just that a few shots showing some buildings that are not there in real life. They look like fsx default autogen

Shots 1 & 4 - That tall building next to the Gherkin building is not there in real life. There is a recent building that went up not too long ago called Heron Tower, if that is suppose to be that?

Shots 2 & 3 - That cluster of tall buildings in the distance at Canary Wharf. The tall building on the left of all those buildings looks like fsx default version of the Canary Wharf tower. I can see the proper version of this building in those shots too, but just looks odd with that default version there.

... keep being picky John :D - because the more input and feedback provided by all You locals - and as long as being done in a constructive way such as here - the more this certainly already great scenery may improve and become even better! :)

it took me almost 2 weeks to annotate the high rise tiles used to create london it was not fun at all ::) ::)

it took me almost 2 weeks to annotate the high rise tiles used to create london it was not fun at all ::) ::)

The work here is increadible. Wasnt meaning to be too negative at all.

I can apreciate the hard work that goes into this and hats off to you all for this amazing scenery :)

Shots 1 &4 look fine to me, here's a google screenshot showing the building. post-17521-0-40075700-1352455577_thumb.j

Shot 2 & 3 These buildings are already on the to be fixed list, yes there is default autogen buildings as to custom build all the building would take a very long time.

Paul

That's the Aviva tower to the left of the Gherkin in your shot. It is smaller than the Gherkin building which in this shot is the smaller dark looking building to the right. That really tall building next to the Gherkin shouldn’t be there

Posted Image

That's the Aviva tower to the left of the Gherkin in your shot. It is smaller than the Gherkin building which in this shot is the smaller dark looking building to the right. That really tall building next to the Gherkin shouldn’t be there

Unless it's supposed to be the Heron Tower at 110 Bishopsgate?

Unless it's supposed to be the Heron Tower at 110 Bishopsgate?

It could well be. Heron Tower is the tallest in City of London towers, 47 floors. Its quite a building and looks very unique and different from all angles.

London is changing so fast, a few new high rises going up, Pinnacle tower (Helta Skelta), Fenchurch Street tower (Walkie Talkie) and The Leadenhall Tower (Cheese grater) :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first 4 shots, nr Runcorn - colour pallette reminds me very much of good old Tornado! I know that obviously the scenery itself is massively better than that old sim, but I have to say I used to love the vibrant colours they used for the pallette on the Snowdonia training mission area.

Just reminded me of it :)

Overall - wow - excellent looking shots.

If you need help with Bristol, let me know!

Archived