First DX10's

dolf8857

I like them! Have you tried to get anti-aliasing on though? Looks like it isn't enabled.

I must admit I've had a love/hate relationship with DX10.

PROS:

1) Better framerates (for me anyway).

2) Much better water.

3) Some add-ons that have DX10 specific cockpits/gauges do look better.

CONS:

1) Many add-on aircraft not really compatible.

2) Loads of missing textures for default FS objects at certain times of the day (MS never made DX10 variations for all of them).

I've stuck with DX9!

Same. I hated it but went back to DX9 until Incan figure out how to brute force AA into it. I was getting crazy frames though and loved it but I guess I am a eye candy man after all.

Great shots though. Makes me want to fire it back up and play with it some more.

Thx for comments all, makes it a lot easyer for me to decide and go back to dx9:)

Was supprised anyway that it runs so smooth under dx10 but totaly agree with Adam_NZ's pro's and cons.

On the other hand I like ENB too much and that's not working under 10 so...

Cheers

No - ENB doesn't work under DX10, Dolf - but you have full fsx bloom now - which does work under DX10. It's also slightly configurable - the amount of bloom can be increased or decreased. The major advance for DX10 is the fact that it doesn't take over any part of the system's memory - thereby giving one an extra 1 -2 gig of ram.

For guys never having visited the DX10 forum on Avsim - seeing hundreds of 3840 x 1024 pics taken 2 seconds apart to demonstrate the consistently 30 fps frame rate - from dozens of flights around the PNW with settings that would make FSX-DX9 crawl to a standstill - is awesome. 99% of all of the PNW, et al, are DX10 compatible. No more runway flashing: no more opaque fencing: water that is very realistic. with whitecaps that show wind direction: - all at a load that cannot be carried when using DX9.. Take a quick peep:-

https://www.dropbox....nq2j/n-4trNO0Lx

:D

Lots of thanks PJ for this verry interresting explanation and comment, I will shurely visit this link and the DX10 forum to try maybe convince myself to step over, If it was only how smooth it runs, that surprized me and... I liked that.

Cheers

Archived