Few from essentials

skkuda

stunning set ^-^

If you have a validated copy of REX then Essentials is a free upgrade, however at present they have not released the REX and OD upgrade. Some people have got around this by de-installing REX and OD then just installing, REX without OD, then installing Essentials

Taph

Wonderful shots, mate. I have (had) Rex 2 Overdrive, have uninstalled it and replaced it with the free REX Essential (4.3GB) upgrade offer (wow, how generous!!). The biggest change for me was the lack of FPS penalty, when I chose to use the REX weather engine. I could not use it with REX 2 Overdrive, because my frames would take on my rather mediocre computer such a dive that i had a slide show to look at. Since today that has been solved. I fly with the same computer with REX real weather running and the FPS penalty is minimal. I also have the impression that the water looks even more impressive, but that is just from one or two flights tonight around Orcas island. I need to do some more flying, but so far I am not only impressed, i am also very happy.

NIce shots.

If you bought your REX 2 from FSS, you can get REX Essentals as one installer...basically replacing the older Rex 2.0 installer. It really simplified my REX install folder by no longer needing all the updates it had from before. I had OD installed but uninstalled it. I will add in OD whenever they release that patch for Essentials.

Thanks Skkuda I'll check it out - would you consider it reasonably forgiving to fly for a newbie like me?

Really dont know, it has his peculiarities but once you get used to them its a must have plane

Fast, agil, Full IFR, etc

I'll perhaps stick with my Carenado Cessna C172 then for a while longer to break me in gently, but as soon as I am content with VFR flying I will definitely consider the recommendation for the future. Many thanks.

I'll perhaps stick with my Carenado Cessna C172 then for a while longer to break me in gently, but as soon as I am content with VFR flying I will definitely consider the recommendation for the future. Many thanks.

Go for it, it is a fun, pretty powerful aircraft to fly, is slow to slow down but from what I hear very true to the true dynamics of the real world - just remember to ease the throttle and set flaps well before final!

Thanks boetie I'll have to ask my financial advisor for another advance! Just flew VFR from NZSI Haast to Milford Sound - beautiful view but that really is a tricky approach. I came in a bit high and although the Cessna 172 made it down and I thought I had arrested the decent - during taxi FSX recorded a CRASH - I can only assume the undercarriage gave way????? :unsure::-[

Archived