Aerial shots of Opa-Locka (KOPF)

alexf

A few recent shots. The color is funny because it was shot through a window of a C182. I normally avoid shooting through windows but had no choice here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great photos. To be honest, I had to do a double take on the first picture. I thought to myself 'that's strange posting screenshots in the Pilot's Lounge'.....and then I realised that these were real. That's how good Orbx has become ;D

Is Opa-Locka a resting spot for old airplanes from around Florida? With all the 707 and other older planes it would be neat to walk around the area.

Yes it is. There are lots of old derelict beauties. I have a few shots of them in my gallery.

I don't remember seeing B707s but they have DC-10, DC-8, B747, DC-7, DC-6, DC-3, Martin 4-0-4 and many other old ones.

Hey Alex, thanks for the info and the pics again. I thought the plane above the Arrow DC-10 was a 707 though after some look it probably is a DC-8. At that length they are very hard to decide, though the 707 had the extended tail below the fuselage where the DC-8 did not. I will head to your photos to look at more. Thanks.

Archived