Computer Pilot and PC Aviator [US]

John York

Just received this from the above;

'Dear Computer Pilot Subscriber,

... and Hello from a new Publisher and new Editor.

We hope this email finds you well.

In fact, we hope it will find you beter than your recent experience with CPM has been.

We are writing you because of the many requests we recieved over the past 2 weeks, after taking over Computer Pilot from its previous owner, Robert Ferraro of PC Aviator.

Unfortunately we could not write you sooner, because we did not have a clear list of addresses.And quite frankly, we may still miss a few today.

Allow me to answer some of the most frequently aksed questions first:

1. Yes, we will honour and carry over existing subscriptions, IF we get them passed on from PC Aviator. And yes, there may be a hiatus between their last activities and our taking over on March 1st.

2. Disagreements, claims and complaints pertaining to the period previous to March 1st are none of our business. Please contact PC Aviator in such cases. Sorry !

3. For now we ONLY have 1 year subscriptions. If this changes, we'll notify you via our NEW website and newsletters.

4. There will not be a printed Jan/Feb issue I'm afraid. Nor wiill there be ANY issues between now and June/July, when we will be releasing our very first NEW Computer Pilot.

(Obviously it would have been correct if PC Aviator had informed their readers of these facts through a letter in the mail, but alas, that hasn't happened.)

You can download their pdf version of the issue here:

http://www.computerp...ebruary2012.pdf

Any other questions, please let us know through service@computerpilot.com.

Here's the rest of our official press release:

Marc Goergen, Publisher of German Flig ht! Magazin (since 1999) has now bought Computer Pilot

Magazine and we are in the process of re-launching the mag.

Our first new issue will be the June/July issue, published in print end May 22nd.

We've launched a new website to accompany it, increase the news value,

expand the writer group and improve the breadth of articles.

We'll also honour existing subscriptions of course, but cannot be held

responsible for actions, or lack thereof, of the previous owner. I.e. you paid for 6

or 12 issues, and you will receive 6 or 12 issues in total.

We hope you'll continue your subscription in future and help us grow the

magazine again AND this wonderful hobby of ours !

Kindest regards,

François A. 'Navman' Dumas

Editor-in-Chief and Community Manager

Computer Pilot - the world´s first Flight Sim Magazine

francois@computerpilot.c om

http://www.computerpilot.com'

I am definitely not a happy bunny!

John

Not happy either. Very poor effort by the previous publisher, however nothing we can do but wait for the new owner to honour our remaining issues.

The downloaded magazine for Jan/Feb is IMHO a very poor issue anyway and falls way short of the historic quality.

So, again, we will just have to wait and see what the new puiblisher brings to the table.

Cheers Dan

This is interesting info/news about whats been going on at pcaviator online store in the U.S.I know Robert Ferraro of PC Aviator.

Are there other problems at there website store.I ask this,because in the past few months I'd call them to place orders of there products,I haven't been getting any call backs,by e-mail of on the phone.I even used there website contact function,and haven't received any reply's that way either.

I am a regular customer,and have been for a few years of that online store,because they are in the U.S.

Lately I've given up on this store for the moment.It is a good source for me buying the ORBX products there,as well.

I hope the U.S. pcaviator isn't going to close it's doors so to speak?.

I was getting my normal e-mails from the U.S.PCAviator store about products and the PC Aviator mag.These e-mails have stopped over the past couple of months as well.I am on there mailing list

GrayRider

I received the same message. It makes me a little concerned about making future purchases from PC Aviator.

I have always had good service from them and I am sorry to see them having problems.

It would be good to receive a message from them regarding the future of the store.

Retail is a tough world, I wish them the best.

Just for the record... and to answer TalbotFlyer's query...

1. The decision to sell the magazine to a new publisher was made after our printing company that we employed and had been in business for over 146 years went out of business overnight. This meant our Jan/Feb issue could not readily be printed. At this point, the publisher chose to investigate moving the magazine to new hands, where dedicated time and support could be given to the publication to keep it moving forward. Per above posts this has now been done.

2. Re PC Aviator, it is continuing as normal as a retail outlet for flight sim hardware and software. Only the magazine side of PC Aviator has been handed over to a new publisher.

3. Like any retail business in the past few years, we have had to make cutbacks and streamline aspects of the business to ensure our ongoing survival in a niche market. Naturally, there are some consequences to this from a business and support standpoint which we are working through, however we still believe the service offered is very good, all things considered (especially with having to operate with a reduced staff number). If you have any complaints or queries regarding recent or current purchases, please feel free to let us know and we ill do our best to resolve them.

But to summarize quickly... yes Computer Pilot has been sold, and is now off our plate at PC Aviator. Our retail side remains unchanged as a result and we continue to operate our USA and Australian office as normal, now with a little more time to devote to the operation, which will result in better service, faster dispatch and enhancement of the PC Aviator flight simulation stores brand.

Hope that helps!

Archived