Orbx and Its social responsibility

kamarad

I don’t know if you realize you guys at Orbx that walk head down on the other side of the planet that you have a serious social responsibility???

You send normal people life havoc :blink: by producing and distributing such products on the market…

My life was wonderful before crossing your path on this forum…

I was a kind of casual simmer. One laptop shared between business life and occasional flight simming was all I needed. It was a simple and almost a Zen concept.

Posted Image

Then I bought the PNW package and I was doomed >:D without even realizing it.

It started with some quick flight discovering the PNW region. Soon I wanted more coverage, then I purchased NRM and then the next one was Skagit to get a more detailed airport as a home base for PNW.

At this point, things get out of control rapidly, I started to feel unhappy about my simming life and started to open the graphic setting screen in FSX. I pushed all the sliders up to the right expecting to see the wonderful details that everybody seemed to enjoy except me. :unsure: The effect was an immediate reduction of FPS that basically turned my laptop in a slide show. >:(

I tried to rationalize things. To tell me that I was not in real need a more powerful computer.

I must admit that I failed miserably!!! ???

Next thing I knew, I was shopping for hardware, three screens and all kind of weird hardware.

My life soon turned into this mess…

Posted Image

Now I have to figure how to plug all this junk into something that will allow me to resume flying. My English is maybe not so good but I still don’t understand why this big iron that everybody is talking about is needed in a flightsim set-up.

Well sorry, I cannot stay longer with you. I have to install NZSI in my signature and incidentally try to clean all this room before my wife come back asking why the bank account is empty.

In one word we can summarize the problem we face. You guys at Orbx are creating addiction …..

And I must admit that there a magical world that materialize at the same time….. 8)::) ::)8)

Best wishes for the holiday season to all Orbx team. You well deserve it after all the hard work to finalize this eight wonderful products !!!

"Hi, My name is Bandit & I am an Orbx user"

"Its been three hours since I last used... "

The OA (Orbx anonymous) meetings are getting bigger and bigger and no matter what you do, the treatment for this addiction is not working! I too have been shopping (see here) and I still cant get the smile off my face (maybe the wife will when she sees the bank balance too :- )

I must agree with the others though that view of yours would be a keen distraction.

If my house had a view like that the last thing I'd be doing is simming on a PC :)

But thanks for sharing!

You would soon get sick of it. ::)

Congrats on your new addiction!

One question, what's the clothes iron for??? ???

The wife ^-^

Don't worry guys, I asked John and Holger for a new add-on for my NZSI but not heard back from them as yet..all I wanted was a "House Maid" add-on so I can keep flying.

Tracey

I have a wife for that. ^-^ Hmm should go down well methinks.

If my house had a view like that the last thing I'd be doing is simming on a PC :)

But thanks for sharing!

This was my view from my home for 35 yrs till I got the ORBX addiction and had to sell it to pay all the bills. Just kidding. I just wanted to spend more time with my grandkids. FSX and ORBX gives me a break from the reality of having to live in a big city and not on the beach in Maui. Josh

Posted Image

"Hi, My name is Bandit & I am an Orbx user"

"Its been three hours since I last used... "

gree with the others though that view of yours would be a keen distraction.

I understand you fully, no judgment on my side......

Congrats on your new addiction!

One question, what's the clothes iron for??? ???

The iron was just nearby and I thought it was adding a nice touch to the mess..... and big iron is something we fly sometimes.

I immediately got the "iron" humour..funniest post I have read for a while...just the right time at Xmas for a good belly laugh too.

Ok, what's that view of?

Good that you had fun reading it. I had fun writing it too !!!

The view is the magnificient St-Lawrence river, about 2 km east of Quebec city on the South shore (Quebec city is located on the North shore).

The picture on the original post was taken end of october when I intented to write the post initially. But I started traveling abroad extensively on the last 2 months and just came back for Christmas at home. I had time during the holidays to catch-up on useless things like writing non sense essay.

Another picture that is more in the spirit of the winter holidays.

Posted Image

And by the way, I also cleaned the mess, installed my last purchase of NZSI and found enough time to read the manual of A2A Spitfire so I dont overhead and grip the engine on the first five minutes of flight. Very nice flying yesterday on the north portion of the island from NZTK TAkaka to NZOM Omaka following the shore.

Happy flying for he new year and blue sky....

Archived