Carenado Xmas Sale

rockliffe

The Bonanza A36 was on my wishlist but it did go on sale, so I bought from The Flightsim Store, which still had it on sale for $20.95 US. Howard is right about the C340, if you are experienced in flying twin engine aircraft and own the RealityXP GNS 430, then the Real Air Duke is the way to go. I now own both and the 340 is a good aircraft if you want something better than the default aircraft and are not ready for realistic simulation that Real Air provides.

Same, the RealAir Duke killed the C340 for me. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice aircraft, but when i got the Duke, it made the C340 obsolete for me. Kinda like renting a Ferrari out in Vegas, then coming back home to drive your Honda Accord. No offense to Carenado, because I still believe they are one of the best out there.

Nice one, wasn't expecting a sale there until the new year.

Got me my Caravan and Cargo C/van expansion.

Looking forward to some dirty haulin down under (ish), does NZ count as down under the same as OZ? Guess from the Eu it probably does?

Hi Bruce I paid $23 and change for the Baron 58. A lovely plane to fly even if the panel is really only a re-run of the Bonanza. Which is not necessarily wrong because I believe that Beech started off calling an early version a Twin Bonanza, and pilots still call it that. But for me it was a small amount, comparatively to pay for such a well produced aircraft. Anyway years ago I did my multi-engine endorsement in one, which meant flying circuits on one engine, EFATO with one engine on full power and my working leg spasming with the pedal pressure, approach and landing on one engine - made me wonder why I didn't use a single in the first place!

But I am hanging for the Malibu. It looks mouth-watering. If the devs put the work into the flight dynamics and response to application and withdrawal of power from that very powerful engine it will be a marvel.

Well I had my heart set on the New C337 but that's not in the sale at all :- . I know it's new but the discounts on some of the FSX stuff are not that great. Still it's on my list so they'll get my pounds soon enough ;D .

Instead I bought the Flight1 Pilatus PC12 which I'm delighted to discover has shed loads of manuals!! As I learned to fly on (and flew) all analogue cockpited aircraft I really glaze over a bit at all this glass cockpit stuff ....but you can't halt progress and most of my favourites all have retrofit glass panels anyway so looks like that learning curve will bring a whole new dimension to my fun? BTW bought the MilViz Cessna 310 as well and that too has great documentation and seems to fly as smooth as it looks :) ....if only trying out real types had been as cheap as an FSX add-on! :D Once I've got the hang of the glass cockpits I'll have another look at the sole ORBX offering too.

Geoff

Aerosoft included the 337 in the sale.

Thanks for that Heads Up Glenn, I usually buy either direct or from FSS and they didn't. Even at today's lousy exchange rate I might just have to treat myself ......again ;D " ...purely for the saving dear" Think she'll buy that?

Geoff

If you fly in PNW, you need the C172 float (which they are practically giving away!), the C185 Bush, and the C208, which is really a favourite of mine. I think that I will pick up the Beech F33A Bonanza, old style panel, and looks like good outside view. Like everyone else, I am waiting for the PA36T!

Archived