Three Fingered Jack

Eric C

Thanks Iain and Clem Wu, glad you guys enjoyed it :)

Nice picture, but this forum is for FS pictures, not real world ones....

:)

WilliamJSS, thanks for the compliment I took the shot straight with the V key in PNW scenery, it's all Orbx with no edits ;)

Very nice shot. What airfield do you have to start to explore this area?

Closest airport/field is a gravel strip 8S3 called Santiam Junction State in the PNW scenery. If you have PNW loaded up in Google Earth with the KMZ file, you should see the yellow point of interest triangle called "Three Fingered Jack" to the East of that field 8S3. There is another way to go directly to the longitude and latitude directions from Google Earth. Follow this link if you want to know how and scroll down to the yellow and grey section that says "Finding Google Earth POI's in FSX". It's very helpful for sightseeing when you don't want to bother taking off and navigating. :) Let me know if this helps.

http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/joe/pnw/pnw.htm

Thanks Iain and Clem Wu, glad you guys enjoyed it :)

WilliamJSS, thanks for the compliment I took the shot straight with the V key in PNW scenery, it's all Orbx with no edits ;)

Closest airport/field is a gravel strip 8S3 called Santiam Junction State in the PNW scenery. If you have PNW loaded up in Google Earth with the KMZ file, you should see the yellow point of interest triangle called "Three Fingered Jack" to the East of that field 8S3. There is another way to go directly to the longitude and latitude directions from Google Earth. Follow this link if you want to know how and scroll down to the yellow and grey section that says "Finding Google Earth POI's in FSX". It's very helpful for sightseeing when you don't want to bother taking off and navigating. :) Let me know if this helps.

http://mutleyshangar...joe/pnw/pnw.htm

Thanks. Will try it out. 8)

Wonder if he named it Jack, as in Daniels, cause he was three sheets to the wind... :lol::D

Haha, that's hilarious Bruce :D Your always one of the guys on the forums that makes me laugh. Thanks for posting buddy :)

crackin shot there eric!

Thanks timmo32 much appreciated, glad you enjoyed it :)

I googled three fingered jack, and found a saloon of the same name in Washington state that was once owned by a former meatcutter who had sliced off two of his fingers in an industrial accident at the meatcutting plant. I suspect the mountain was also named for him, but I didn't see a reference to his name attached to it.

Archived